Author Topic: Movies of playthrus  (Read 39925 times)

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
Re: Movies of playthrus
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 05:36:53 PM »
After much discussion in #rom-hacking about a solo character run in FF1, I decided to give it a try. This is my attempt. It goes from start to finish, ending with a rather curious attack selection at Chaos. Requires Nestopia v1.38 to watch.

By no means is it fast, as parts 6 and 7 are the two longest (I think) of all the parts. Part 6 is probably upwards of 3-4 hours, so take heed if you choose to watch that segment. Part 7 is about 2 hours, which is entirely a leveling session in the Ice Cave, though after that I decide to finish off the other three Fiends.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 09:49:48 PM »
Ok, 4 movies will be posted sometime within the week. Two of Dynasty Warriors 6, two of Warriors Orochi. Both have a single player and multiplayer movie. All four combined are 1.6 gigs (all are 640x480 in reso, and have really good quality. not H.264 but at this rate who could tell?) The two DW6 movies will be about 750 megs in size (the smallest movie of all four is our DW6 multiplayer run).
My apologies for it taking as long as it did, but I don't have control over the situation. Right now, only the two Dynasty Warriors 6 movies are up.  (Multiplayer and Single player)

The two Warriors Orochi movies are still in the process of uploading, and I'll update this post with those two links when they're done. (Single player and Multiplayer)

--Edit--
Up.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 12:34:29 PM by Lenophis »

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 01:57:33 AM »
Got one of Starcraft now. This time around, Skiffles and myself play Rolling Plains, and I get stuck in a bottleneck, simply because of how we were positioned. It was a 4v4, and one of our allies (orange) died very very early, which was an omen of things to come. I was Terran, Skiffles was Protoss, and we had a Zerg ally (brown). Because of the situation I knew we would be in, I build up as quickly as possible and bunker down for a long defensive struggle. What would ensue is a cat and mouse game that would last for a while, and considering we were outnumbered for as long as we were, we did fairly well.

Requires v1.15.2 and Broodwar to see, but damn is it worth it. :omg:

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 08:19:54 PM »
Installing SC on this computer right now to watch it.

I.S.T.

• i doesnt no how 2 blits
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 12:05:27 AM »
watched the single player DW6 video... Boy, they changed Diao Chan a lot...

Shinrin

• Siren
  • Terra is sexy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 12:19:21 AM »
A Few notes concerning  FF2 A: First of all, FF2 can be a long and tedious game, I have 4 VBA videos of it, and most are a 2 to 4 hours or more long, and converting these to AVI would be tedious.  Also the game starts out hard, but once you start stat building, you're pretty much invincible to everything on the world map after you have 3000+ hp.  The funny thing is, My charters have nearly 5000+ HP and I'm not done with Minwu's quest of the game yet.  The game lets you become the most powerful thing in the game, before you even do the first quest,  and even before getting Minwu, as almost every town is open to you from the beginning.  I don't even see a challenge to the game after you start gaining hp and mp at the beginning.  If you're good enough, you can have Holy before you even get Minwu.

Tales of Destiny PSX

Ah good old Tales game for the PSX, I've gotten fraps,  and it works fine, but converting the videos over to a diffrent format is hard and a long task. Here's the first 25 minutes of the game, There is a Youtube version, (while the videos are in low quality, it takes a long time for the High Quality to come up,) And then there is a direct download.

What's the difference in the Youtube version and the direct download?

The Youtube version is recored at 2.1mb a second, this is done so the videos don't look like crap on youtube and are split up in an area upwords of 10 minutes (or a little over) max.

The Direct Download version is recorded at 768KB a second, but looks better than the youtube low quality version and has great sound, It's also smaller than 1 youtube video I upload, which ranges from 100 to 200 mb per 10 minutes. But it has no time limits on it. For example the first Direct Download of this video is 103MB and is 25 minutes long.

Update: I have decided to allow a High Quality and Low Quality version of the game play for the Direct Download. I also check Youtube this morning, Movie 3 is the only one that's available in High Quality Flash.. I don't know if or when the others will be.  Check this post for movie updates!

Anyway, enough talk. The links?

The Youtube Play list

Direct Downloads:

Low Quality:

Intro - 2.3 MB - 2:10 Minutes
Movie 1 - 25 MB - 25 Minutes
Movie 2 - 31 MB - 29:30 Minutes
Movie 3 - 30 MB - 29 Minutes
Movie 4 - 41 MB - 42 Minutes
Movie 5 - 25 MB - 22:50 Minutes

Total MB:  154.3MB

Medium Quality:
Intro - 11 MB -2:10 Minutes
Movie 1 - 103 MB - 25 Minutes
Movie 2  - 131 MB - 29:30 Minutes
Movie 3  - 117 MB - 29 Minutes
Moive 4 - 160 MB - 42 Minutes
Moive 5 - 105 MB - 22:50 Minutes

Total MB: 627MB

High Quality:

Intro - 21 MB - 2:10 Minutes
Movie 1 - 170 MB - 25 Minutes
Movie 2 - 247 MB - 29:30 Minutes
Movie 3 - 205 MB - 29 Minutes
Movie 4 - 288 MB - 42 Minutes
Movie 5 - 177 MB - 22:50 Minutes[/url

Total MB: 1108 MB - 1.08 GB

Total Playing Time:  2:30:30

Movie Update Central: 5 New videos are out, took me a few hours to do all this. more videos coming soon.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 05:02:50 PM by Shinrin »
I  support Pandora's Box!

Check out my hacks on Romhacking.net and also support my Chrono Trigger hack, Chrono Trigger: Rebirth!

I.S.T.

• i doesnt no how 2 blits
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 03:36:17 AM »
I'd like to see that FF2A video... I did something similar with my game, getting Minwu and just about everyone up to very high stats. Hell, with a nearly maxed shield stat most things won't hit you at all!

Shinrin

• Siren
  • Terra is sexy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 09:37:14 AM »
FF2.. FF2.. I thought about starting over and doing both videos at the same time.  That way it'd take alot less time to convert the movies from VBM to AVI.. (which can take days or weeks.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:31:09 PM by Shinrin »
I  support Pandora's Box!

Check out my hacks on Romhacking.net and also support my Chrono Trigger hack, Chrono Trigger: Rebirth!

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2008, 03:57:07 AM »

Watching the replay inspired me to play a bit against the AI:

Replay 1
Every time I thought I had the enemy beat I found them at another expansion.

Replay 2
The enemy ran out of resources before me, otherwise this one would've dragged on forever - I would've won of course, it just would've taken a lot longer without the fleet of carriers.

Both use stock BW maps since I don't have any custom ones on here yet.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 09:53:57 AM by Dragonsbrethren »

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2008, 12:30:30 PM »
Arctic Base, Picked Dry, Ancient China, Frozen Banquet, Frozen Defender, Coldeye Breach, Fractured Coast, Kaer Taul, and Rolling Plains.

King Lettuce made most of them, Frozen Banquet is mine. Lettuce even made a variation of Banquet (Defender), to try and even out the starts a bit. Rolling Plains is probably my favorite of that bunch.

--Edit--
Ok, both replays seem to be desync'ing. Did you use v1.15.2 to make these (it appears you did, but I want to make sure)?

White is stubborn - You sent up 1 marine and 2 SCV's to attack white, and white countered with 13 zealots, to which your base quickly crumbled.

Out of resources - This one didn't seem like it desync'ed, but it did, because teal wound up taking the two expansion spots, and you did seem to keep up with them taking potshots at you. At first, the fastest speed I played it at is fastest x2, but then I tried fastest and even then that didn't work. *is confused*
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:15:20 PM by Lenophis »

Deathlike2

• FF4 R&D Master
  • I'm looking at you, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008, 12:39:37 PM »

The fact that SC finally has a no-cd patch is a miracle.
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack Download Latest: v1.48

Video Demos: #1 #2 #3

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 06:11:15 AM »
Yeah, that was a nice surprise when I got the patch.

Thanks for the maps Leno, I was just going to copy them off the old computer when I felt like it but this is easier.

I didn't have any problem with the replays, I even watched Out of Resources on fastest before I uploaded it because I didn't feel like sitting through it at normal speed.

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2008, 09:54:15 AM »
This is quite possibly the stupidest I've ever seen StarCraft's AI behave. Orange thinks it can take down my cannons with Corsairs and Yellow can't find the minerals directly next to its expansion and stops building. :finger:

Deathlike2

• FF4 R&D Master
  • I'm looking at you, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 04:49:24 PM »
I often wonder what's really at work to produce the AI behavior... the sucky pathing, or the sucky AI. I think both is at work, but I wonder if all the balance tweaks actually affect the AI building script...
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack Download Latest: v1.48

Video Demos: #1 #2 #3

Kanatake

• Wing Raptor
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Page.
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2008, 01:37:36 AM »
http://youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=Kanatake

My Youtube page has gameplay/boss battles/scenes from various games.

FF Origins
Legend of Mana
Lufia II
Lufia II Lowest Level Possible Challenge
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Suikoden
Suikoden V

There're also some SSBB videos and DW6 videos. I update my account every so often with new videos.

A lot of the games are unfinished since I like jumping from one game to another >_>.