I just got done playing Dynasty Warriors 6 (my brother has a ps3) and I must say, I'm rather disappointed. I can point out quite a few major flaws here. Some may not be considered flaws to others. I'm placing it into a spoiler box because I'm not sure if my description of these gameplay aspects would spoil the game to anyone. There are no story spoilers or anything, though.
[spoiler]1. The officers' names disappear and reappear randomly. This really hurts when playing multiplayer, where you can barely see your half of the screen anyway. When you're sitting there whacking away at an officer, and then they manage to evade you simply because their name disappears and you can't figure out where they went.
2. There aren't enough healing items. If you get low on health (which will definitely happen in every stage you play, even on Easy difficulty), you have to go find a healing item. In all other Warriors games, enemies were capable of dropping these. Not in DW6. You have to search the map for a lone barrel or crate and hope it holds a healing item. This also means there are only a limited amount of healing items you can get in an entire stage.
3. Enemy officers are too damn hard. Seriously. Sure, you take away my healing items, but then you have to make enemies hit freakin hard too? The makers of this game were cruel. I try to kill Dong Zhuo in the very first stage on easy, and he whallops me and takes me down to a sliver of life with a single 3-4 hit combo. That means I have to go find a healing item (I spent 3 minutes trying to find one.) So anyway, after I find the healing item...I go back to finish off Dong Zhuo, and LU BU is in there and kills me in one hit. ONE HIT! On Easy mode! This game is ridiculous.
4. The skills system. This is the first Dynasty Warriors game which allows a variety of different ways to build each character. I hate this method, I'm the type who likes to build characters to their maximum. When you are forced to choose your skills to where you can't eventually have all of them, that means there really isn't a maximum, and you could mess up your skill tree and then be entirely screwed unless you wanna restart your character. It's simply annoying, to say the least. My brother screwed up his character because he didn't realize he couldn't go a certain way until after it was too late.
5. Lag. In the old DW games, when there were too many soldiers on-screen, soldiers would temporarily disappear in order to prevent lag. Not in this one. They figured they didn't want that fade effect anymore, instead they try to mash every single soldier onto the screen and the game ends up lagging like crazy. Seriously, this is PS3, for god's sake. Utilize its potential, Koei. Ugh.
6. What happened to the 4-5-6-hit combo method? Instead it's just like a constant "mash the square button" type attack...it's more like you have a one-hit combo with a shorter pause between attacks. I liked being able to utilize the number of hits I had in order to make square-triangle combos. Triangle is useless now, because you always do the same thing and it will always take the same amount of time to use a triangle combo. There's no triangle combos, because there's no #-hit combos. They tried to make it constant and linear, but it just sucks. It gives officers opportunity to whack you in between hits.
Overall, there's not one thing I like better in DW6 over DW5, or even over DW4. It's a disaster, it's too hard, and the change they were going for was a change in the wrong direction, I believe. I'm sticking with DW5. (or Warriors Orochi, actually. That one's best.)