Which release's music sound the best, in general?

2 (66.7%)
1 (33.3%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: 16 Bit FF Music - SNES vs PS1 vs GBA  (Read 90 times)

• Antlion
    • View Profile
16 Bit FF Music - SNES vs PS1 vs GBA
« on: March 05, 2018, 04:03:48 PM »
Hi guys,
the first time I played FF4, 5 and 6 was on the PS1. Good thing I didn't play the SNES releases first, because if so, the loading times would have made me go crazy :bored:
I think the majority here holds the opinion that the PS releases failed on some aspects (eg. the translation of FF5)
But this topic shall just be about music.
IMHO, the sound (music, as well as weapon/magic sounds) is the only aspect PS1 is superior to the other releases. Most tracks sound better to me. Although for some tracks, I prefer the SNES version (The Final Battle of FF5 for example).
The GBA music - well compared to the other versions mostly sucks (yeah I know, the GBA can't possible provide the same sound quality as a CD). However, there are still some tracks I like. GBA has the best FF4 Battle Theme to me.

Still - the PS1 wins that in general for me. What about you?

Ps: If you wonder why the steam releases are missing - it's because those use the SNES music.

• Dark Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: 16 Bit FF Music - SNES vs PS1 vs GBA
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »
I'm no expert, neither I had played on all to have some kind of objective opinion. I have seen other to say that SNES has best music for FF (not that it has the best capability).

The funny things is that winners on Steam agree on one things - music is good, because it come from SNES :laugh:

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
Re: 16 Bit FF Music - SNES vs PS1 vs GBA
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:44:54 PM »
SNES.  The GBA was horrid and the PSX just didn't sound right...