Author Topic: Chillyfeez's Shadow Party Hack V 2.0  (Read 874 times)

thepatirckinator

• Tunnel Armor
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
Re: Chillyfeez's Shadow Party Hack V 2.0
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »
Good! I'm sure it will work out in the end.

chillyfeez

• FF4 Hacker
  • Go ahead, ask me about Angel Feathers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 08:07:33 AM »
Update time!

Progress has been slower than I had hoped it'd be, but I have a LOT of RL stuff going on these days.

Anyway, I perfected the part of the mod that enables the player to keep a character's equipment when they depart.

If the character is set to "discard," then equipment is lost, but if they are set to a shadow slot the player will have the option of keeping their equipment. In the full mod, this will be a choice depending on whether it makes sense in the story - you won't get to keep any of the equipment from characters lost in the shipwreck, but you'll get to keep Cid's stuff.

https://youtu.be/T7gjur_2-v4

Squall

• Hell's Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 08:43:16 AM »
Nice scrolling of the top-right part!
Did you do it or its part of the game?

chillyfeez

• FF4 Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 09:38:32 AM »
No that's all part of the game. The only thing I'm showing off here is that I was able to make the "choose what to take" screen appear when a character departs, if and only if a) the character has items equipped, and b) The character has a particular flag set to indicate that their equipment is "keep-able."

thepatirckinator

• Tunnel Armor
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 10:23:15 AM »
Obviously, the characters that leave and rejoin the party in the storyline keep their equipment including Cecil other than Cecil's class change from Dark Knight to Paladin.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:32:14 PM by thepatirckinator »

chillyfeez

• FF4 Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 06:01:13 PM »
My plan is more to make it "does it make sense that the character would leave his/her equipment?" So, the people in the shipwreck won't leave their equipment, because why would they stop to take all their armor off before falling off the boat? Every time Kain leaves it is sudden and "unexpected," too, so he won't leave his equipment. Cid, however, is like, "I'm gonna stay here in the dwarf castle for a while, see ya later!" So it makes sense that the party would be like, "OK, but can we have all those weapons and armor back that we spent all that money on?"
Tellah dies right in front of you. It's kinda weird, but the party could choose to take his equipment off before they move on to save Rosa.
So I'll be looking at each departure and deciding if it makes sense story-wise that they might leave their equipment benind.