Author Topic: Trying to Chenge Track playing at Title Screen  (Read 128 times)

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
Trying to Chenge Track playing at Title Screen
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:22:21 PM »
I'm trying to change what track plays at the title screen. Instead of Prelude (Track 15) I'd like to have it play Prologue (Track 01).

Does anyone happen to have any notes that could point me in the right direction? Would be immensely helpful!
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

Grimoire LD

• FF4 Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to Chenge Track playing at Title Screen
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:13:11 PM »
Well this was a curious case as I don't believe it's ever really been looked into before. It took a little time, but I managed to locate it.

000608 ROM - A915 (LDA 15) Change that to anything you like.
0095FE ROM - A915 " " (As above)

Admittedly Prologue does give it a much grander feel, it saps away the subtle beauty of the Crystal Theme, but Prologue does fit as well and since it is the first song was likely the original song played on the title screen.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:18:37 PM by Grimoire LD »

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »
Thank you very much, Grimoire!

Basically the reason I'm switching things up is because I was playing around with the instrument set for Prologue, trying to fix how badly I borked it back when I spent a month playing around with music. It sounded like drunken pan flute music when I first started messing with it.

Long story short - I unborked it, dug the vibe, had no real spot to play it, and wanted to pull an FF12.  :cycle:

Now the Crystal Theme will be heard mainly in crystal rooms and in the extended intro (Mysidia in Space with changed text).

Attaching the tweaked songs in case anyone wants to take a listen.  I'm off to play around with FF4kster and relearn some things I've forgotten.  :happy:
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »
Thank you very much, Grimoire!

Basically the reason I'm switching things up is because I was playing around with the instrument set for Prologue, trying to fix how badly I borked it back when I spent a month playing around with music. It sounded like drunken pan flute music when I first started messing with it.

Long story short - I unborked it, dug the vibe, had no real spot to play it, and wanted to pull an FF12.  :cycle:

Now the Crystal Theme will be heard mainly in crystal rooms and in the extended intro (Mysidia in Space with changed text).

Attaching the tweaked songs in case anyone wants to take a listen.  I'm off to play around with FF4kster and relearn some things I've forgotten.  :happy:

Pretty neat right there.  ;) 

FYI, I think FFXII has the best Prologue version out there.  And I'm not just saying that because I'm biased because I love FFXII.  Just listen to The Zodiac Age on the PS4--it is quite breathtaking.