Author Topic: Slick was down  (Read 180 times)

Squall

• Iron Claw
    • View Profile
Slick was down
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:24:40 AM »
Slick was down for quite sometime. It will be nice if owners or at least those that take care for Slick give some explanations ...

Personally I'm more interested for the long term expectations - is it going down forever, is this just temporary, is it re-occurring (we had similar period last year).
My main concern is the FF5 wiki, which is probably THE BEST source for internals of FF5.

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
Re: Slick was down
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 02:05:43 PM »
I am guessing that the internet connection for the author of this site was not working. That's why the site was shut down. It shuts down temporarily.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:02:21 PM by thepatirckinator »

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 07:32:22 PM »
Slick was down for quite sometime. It will be nice if owners or at least those that take care for Slick give some explanations ...

Personally I'm more interested for the long term expectations - is it going down forever, is this just temporary, is it re-occurring (we had similar period last year).
My main concern is the FF5 wiki, which is probably THE BEST source for internals of FF5.

I'd be happy to archive any data on my site as an emergency if that makes anyone feel better.  I've started doing it for the SaGa Frontier guys.  :)

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 11:49:38 PM »
Yes, the server went down again. Perverbial stickers and glue aren't holding up. Short-term, it'll hold up for now, but we are already looking into options for the future to figure out how to handle the site. I'm not planning on it going anywhere, even though I am a contributing factor in its neglectful state. Please don't hurt me.

So, for now, panic isn't needed. The site will continue, and hopefully a few changes that I've been looking to get going will be put into place. This poor place needs some much-needed tender loving care. I intend to make it happen.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »
Good!

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 08:46:44 AM »
It's a miracle this site is in business!