Author Topic: FFIV Leonora  (Read 127 times)

Spindaboy

• Guard Leader
  • I need more sleep.
    • View Profile
    • SyndROMe Hacking
FFIV Leonora
« on: August 01, 2017, 10:09:26 PM »
Hey yall~ So the last couple days I've been experimenting around with recreating Leonora's sprites in the original FFIV (for a future hack maybe?). All comments are appreciated! Also, I have yet to do the portrait as that thing is an absolute bitch especially being limited to 8 colors and all. If anyone would be willing to help with that it would be a blessing...

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
Re: FFIV Leonora
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 05:38:11 PM »
Those sprites are looking pretty good! Especially the overworld/npc sprite of her.

What's her portrait look like in the After Years? It's been awhile since I played that one.

It's been awhile since I messed around with FF4, but I'm down for taking a crack at her portrait if you don't posting a pic of it for me and perhaps giving me a day or so to get back in the groove. I've been meaning to jump back into tinkering with sprites so this would be a great brush up. :)
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

Spindaboy

• Guard Leader
  • I need more sleep.
    • View Profile
    • SyndROMe Hacking
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:12:17 PM »
Those sprites are looking pretty good! Especially the overworld/npc sprite of her.
THANK YOU. I spent way too long making minor tweeks trying to get as accurate as possible while still maintaining the style of original FF4 sprites. Glad it seems to have payed off :D

What's her portrait look like in the After Years? It's been awhile since I played that one.
It's coincidentally my profile pic lol, but I'll attach it to this this post as well :)

------------------------

EDIT: Here is what I have for her portrait so far (I know it's not pretty, don't remind me). I think I have a good base down it's just the shading of the hair, robe, and hair piece I have no idea how to go about doing. Do you think you'd be able to assist with this?

Also, I have a couple questions about the way sprites are assembled.

So as you can see below I have where I thought the 2nd sprite for the weapon "swing" animation would be yet in game it appears to be the standard step animation. I'm really confused on this one.

Also, I've noticed that there are no "special ability" sprites that utilize the bottom left tile of said sprite. Instead there is just a black square where It can be assumed the tile was meant to be used. This is problematic because I believe most if not all TAY sprites use this bottom left tile. Do you know of any way to modify how the game arranges the tiles to include it?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:52:09 PM by linkncb16 »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:33:29 PM »
You guys did a nice job importing sprites of Leonora from The After Years. I can see that somebody is making a hack with Leonora as a playable character.

Spindaboy

• Guard Leader
  • I need more sleep.
    • View Profile
    • SyndROMe Hacking
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 08:49:41 PM »
You guys did a nice job importing sprites of Leonora from The After Years. I can see that somebody is making a hack with Leonora as a playable character.

Perhaps... ;) She is best FF girl after all.

I'm working on Ceodore's sprites now. I was thinking about a possible post-after years hack in the near future.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:45:07 PM by linkncb16 »

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 03:17:06 PM »
Awesome, I'll get started on it here in a little bit!

I'll try copying how your avatar looks and use one of the Rydia portraits as base, since it looks like she's the character you're replacing with Leonora.  :happy:
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

Spindaboy

• Guard Leader
  • I need more sleep.
    • View Profile
    • SyndROMe Hacking
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 01:21:56 PM »
Awesome, I'll get started on it here in a little bit!

I'll try copying how your avatar looks and use one of the Rydia portraits as base, since it looks like she's the character you're replacing with Leonora.  :happy:
Great! Also, I sent you a PM with a link to a document I'd like your input on (in case you didn't see it yet).  :wink: