Author Topic: Pasting into YY-CHR  (Read 225 times)

Spindaboy

• Guard Leader
  • I need more sleep.
    • View Profile
    • SyndROMe Hacking
Pasting into YY-CHR
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »
I for the life of me cannot figure out what to do. Whenever I try to paste a .bmp the colors do not match up with the current YY-CHR palette. Using "Optimize color paste" and "Open snapshot" don't do anything helpful either. The .bmp contains nearly the exact same colors as seen in my YY-CHR palette. So why aren't the colors being pasted properly??

Bahamut ZERO

• Cagnazzo
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
Re: Pasting into YY-CHR
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
An easy workaround I found for that is:

1) Get Tile Layer Pro
2) Paste your .bmp image in Tile Layer Pro
3) Save
4) Fire that badboy back up in YYCHR!

Also, an easy way to make a work area for spriting is opening a second instance of YYCHR with some random rom you've blanked a section out of. That way you can sprite til your heart's content, then simply copy and paste it over to your project.

:cycle:
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:14:03 PM »
This attachment has two sprites which is perfect for Fedorajoe to use for his Playable Golbez Edition project. He already worked on the Darkwave sprite so the two sprites that I've worked on were the Hit sprite and victory pose.

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »
If Fedorajoe wants to know the complete battle sprites for Golbez, here it is! It mimics the same thing from the Wii/Mobile Phone version during flashbacks when we play Golbez as a Dark Knight.