Author Topic: Filly Fantasy IV  (Read 1023 times)

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
Re: Filly Fantasy IV
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 07:09:16 PM »
What the fuck did I just read.
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

Spindaboy

• Guard Leader
  • I need more sleep.
    • View Profile
    • SyndROMe Hacking
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 09:05:25 PM »
What the fuck did I just read.
:hmm:
I have no fucking clue.

Swordmaster

• Ymir
  • Wit and courage have served thee well.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2017, 01:09:37 AM »
..................................  Yep, I think it's time to set my laptop on fire now.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2017, 11:24:33 AM »
If you're wondering what you're reading, it's an idea for what Filly Fantasy IV would look like. I need somebody to make that hack for me. I do have the patience, but not the time to work on the hack.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:12:56 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2017, 10:57:15 PM »
Sunset Shimmer's commands for Filly Fantasy IV are:
Fight
Black(Sunset Shimmer's Black Magic will be a variation of Edge's Ninjitsu and weaker versions of Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, are removed. Firaga(Fire3), Blizzaga(Ice3), and Thundaga(Bolt3) is renamed Blaze, Frost, and Shock. Blaze, Frost, and Shock is the buffed up version of Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga)
Read(Her Read ability will work the same as Scan except that it doesn't cost MP. If you're facing a tough enemy other than a boss, than this ability can be useful)
Heat(Heatwave is a buffed version of Darkwave but costs 1/8 of Total HP after using it)
Item

Sunset Shimmers Spell List:
Gale
Shadow
Demon
Blaze
Frost
Shock
Bio
Quake
Drain
Osmose
Flare
Meteor

As a playable character, she is a well-balanced character in terms of using magic and is a tank. Sunset's Gale, Blaze, Frost, Shock, Bio, Quake, and Drain will do double damage than normal. Ignore the Double Black Magic(W-Blk) for Sunset Shimmer as it will be Twilight's command. Replacing Double Black for Sunset Shimmer is Heatwave and it will be like Cecil's Darkwave attack but stronger. Gale is a nerfed Tornado/Weak and it will act like Aero3 from Final Fantasy III but costs 20MP to cast and has a casting time of 2. Shadow is obviously Edge's Shadowbind, but acts like Golbez's Pressure as it merely attempts to inflict Paralysis on enemies with a casting time of 3 and costs 20MP. Demon reduces all opponents' HP to 1 using the Arise/Raise animation and costs 20MP to use with a casting time of 3.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:44:01 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 07:24:50 AM »
Here are the playable characters for the upcoming Filly Fantasy IV hack:

Unicorn Twilight:
As Twilight starts as a Unicorn, she can use black magic and starts with the same spells Golbez began with in The After Years.
Like her counterpart in Unprecedented Crisis, Twilight Sparkle's commands will be Fight, Black, Darkwave(Heatwave in this version), and Item.
She'll begin as a unicorn like the TV Show and will have weaker magic at first since Adagio stripped Twilight Sparkle of her powers.

Alicorn Twilight:
When Twilight becomes an Alicorn, she will learn Alicorn Magic sacrificing Heatwave and black magic. Alicorn Magic is an improved version of Black Magic and Ninjitsu.
She'll be the most beautiful and powerful alicorn in the game and will be the most useful magic caster to the team.

Luna:
Luna will play just about the same as her counterpart in The After Years except she can cast black magic spells.

Rarity:
Rarity will play exactly like her counterpart starting with black and white spells as a filly.
When the second fight against Sunset Shimmer begins, she will act as a Summoner and
is revealed that she grew up to be a beautiful mare. As a beautiful mare, she will
cast black magic like her little sister.

Trixie:
Trixie will act like Tellah in the original game but will become a buffed up version of that character because she is very young. During the time she is alive, she will be
the only character to start with 199 MP allowing the player to use Meteor. She will be the only guest character to be overpowered during the time she's playable. Like her counterpart, she dies after using Meteor on Sunset Shimmer.
Now that I think about it, she will act as the polar opposite of Dracula from Castlevania. The reverse is, Starlight Glimmer was the only friend she loved the most and seeing her best friend killed by a demon has driven her to kill all demons including Sunset Shimmer.

Zephyr(Zephyr Breeze)
Zephyr Breeze will act like Edward and will play just about the same as his counterpart in Unprecedented Crisis.

Shy(Fluttershy)
Fluttershy is the only playable ninja in the game and her gameplay will be a mashup of Rosa and Edge. Her magic command is a
mashup of the best ninjitsu, black, and white magic spells. Her Stare sprite will be the same as Edge's throw from the
original game, and will have Stare which works like Hold except it will not cost MP. She will represent Rosa for the first half of the story than
Edge during the second half replacing Flash Sentry as a playable character.

Belle(Sweetie Belle) and Scoot(Scootaloo)
Belle and Scoot will play just about the same as their counterparts with the difference of having the Twin Magic command
at the start during the short time they are playable. Scootaloo will have Roost instead of Cry because she
is just about a teenager. Sweetie Belle will have the Wall Command which casts Reflect minus the MP Cost.
Sweetie Belle will play Palom whereas Scootaloo will play Porom.

Applejack:
Applejack will play just like Cid in Unprecedented Crisis except that she will have Steal instead of Dash. Obviously, 2 out of the 4 commands
will be the same as her counterpart in Fedorajoe's Final Fantasy IV: Playable Golbez Edition hack.
She can wield two weapons instead of one and will act like Cid from the original game but will stay with the party until the Moon
Whale is summoned.

Sunset:
Sunset will act like Golbez in the original game, but will be playable unlike her counterpart after she breaks free from mind control.
As a playable character, she will play like Golbez in Fedorajoe's Playable Golbez hack but she won't have Pressure.
She'll have Read instead of Pressure which will act like Scan. Her Read ability is similar to how she read human
minds as of Equestria Girls: Legends of Everfree. Obviously, 4 out of the 5 commands are the same as Golbez as of version 3.0 of Fedorajoe's
Playable Golbez hack. Sunset Shimmer's black magic spells are the black magic variation of ninjitsu and her first
three spells are Gale, Shadow, and Demon.The spells after Demon is Blaze, Frost, Shock, Bio, Quake, Drain, Osmose, Flare, and Meteor. The weaker
versions of Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder are removed to mimic the layout of various ninja characters in the After Years. In summary, Sunset Shimmer
is a buffed up version of both Golbez and Edge. I wanted to make the players feel happy playing as Sunset Shimmer very late in the game.

Celest(Princess Celestia):
Celestia will play just about the same as Fusoya. The differences from her counterpart is that she will start with 2010 HP and 201 MP. She will have Meteor as her only black magic ability. This is because I wanted to make Luna and Celestia Yin and Yang to each other in terms of abilities.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:47:20 AM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2017, 07:29:49 AM »
You guys are welcome to use my ideas for Filly Fantasy IV. You have my permission. There will be a few characters that will receive special needs throughout the story. Twilight Sparkle receives special needs only as a unicorn because Adagio stripped Twilight Sparkle of her magical powers and she needs friendship to become an alicorn princess if she wants to overcome evil. Applebloom receives special needs only for a short time after she is brainwashed by the Storm King who is revealed to be King Sombra. Luna receives special needs after she is brainwashed by Sunset Shimmer as a demon and needs more protection in case she succumbs to evil again. And finally, Sunset Shimmer. Sunset Shimmer is a perfect example of a person receiving special needs, because Sunset Shimmer turned against Twilight after being victim to Adagio's evil influence and she needs friendship to overcome evil in order to undo her past misdeeds.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:49:15 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2017, 06:51:41 AM »
Story Events I came up with for Filly Fantasy IV:

1.When you find Zephyr(Zephyr Breeze)
in bed, Shy's(Fluttershy's)
younger brother
gives you the
TwinLyre which synchronizes
his harp sound to project
weakening Rover
Party:Twily(Twilight),Bloom(Applebloom)
AJ(Applejack),Trixie
2.Fluttershy throws a
bomb off the ship and
and the four girls
escape a hole, sealing it.
She flies away to
escape the explosion
and leaves the party.
Party:Twily(Twilight),Luna,
AJ(Applejack),Rarity
3.The Party sees Fluttershy
and discover that
she surived. They also discover
that she went to a cave
to go after Discord.
Shy(Fluttershy) takes on
Discord and loses.The party
comes to a wounded Fluttershy.
She is healed and rejoins the party.
Party:Twily(Twilight), Luna, AJ(Applejack),
Rarity,Shy(Fluttershy)
4."It looks like somebody
found a secret entrance."
5.Monsters are
just about the same from the
original Final Fantasy IV
in the Tower of Babil
but ponified.
6.The Party sees a
weakened Flash Sentry,
and discover that
he lost to Discord.
"He was upset that his
parents became monsters,
and he got angry!"
Shy(Fluttershy) decides
to fight Discord by
herself after losing
to him the first time.
Alternatively, the
party decides to take
on Discord to avenge
Flash Sentry.
Shy(Fluttershy),Rarity,
AJ(Applejack)
7.Flash is in bed, then he
wakes up to upgrade
the ship. Flash is
praised by the girls
for his hard work, and
takes a long rest.
8.Upon exciting the Sealed Cave,
Sunset shows up and
calls for Luna to come with
the crystal. Twily(Twilight) gives
the crystal to Sunset sparing
Luna's life. Sunset leaves
the cave in glee with the crystal.
Party:Twily(Twilight),Luna,Rarity,
Shy(Fluttershy),AJ(Applejack)
9.AJ(Applejack) stays back in case anything
bad happens.
Flash Sentry is wounded
after helping Applejack
with the ship upgrades.
Rarity,Shy(Fluttershy)
10.Sunset
is saved by Celest(Celestia)
from Adagio's spell after
being led astray.
Sunset regains her friendship
and acts like a big sister to
Twilight. Celest(Celestia) goes with Flash to fight Adagio
in order to prevent Sunset from
going astray again.
Sunset joins the pretty ladies
to recieve special needs in
order to atone for her past sins.
Party:Twily(Twilight),Luna,Rarity,
Shy(Fluttershy),Sunset
11.Everything in the final battle involves General Flash(Flash Sentry)

Using the differences from the Playable Golbez Edition compared to the original game, I've wanted the story to stay true to the MLP canon. First half the story is the same as the original game but the second half of the story will be more unpredictable like fedorajoe's Playable Golbez Edition hack.
The reason why I chose Fluttershy to be the playable ninja is because they have been not much family-friendly video games with ninja girls. To make Sunset Shimmer playable, Flash Sentry had to be downgraded into a supporting character.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:56:53 PM by thepatirckinator »

assassin

• Bane of Retards
  • space bears are not gentle!
    • View Profile
    • My Barren Webpage
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2017, 10:02:54 PM »
thank you for reformatting
in your latest installment of
what will no doubt be a
feasible and successful hack.
due to unforeseen financial
hardship, i recently lost
Internet access.  thus, i am
resorting to surfing the Net
through a generous but
overly cautious neighbor's
mail slot.  posts with wider
lines are baffling at best,
or horrible taunting of what
i'm missing at worst.  i
expect to emerge from this
downturn stronger than
ever, and seek no material
handouts here.  however,
i do lean on my SNES
hacking brethren for moral
support even more than
usual.  it's the little things
that matter.  from
encouraging words, to
playtesting, to aiding in
deciphering for projects in
my growing backlog, to
formatting posts to have
a width equal to that of
the mail slot.  all of these
kind gestures will help me
stay afloat in my ROM
hacking, and inspire me to
get back on my feet faster;
all of them will be fondly
remembered.
     Warmest
       Regards,
          Assassin

PITNEY BOWES
             $000.34
003167432    SEP 12 2017
MAILED FROM ZIP CODE 54321

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:18:24 PM by assassin »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »
I hope you find a better internet connection! Filly Fantasy IV is going to be an amazing hack for sure. I've heard complaints about having a weak ninja as a playable character and we don't play as the minor villain in the original game. To balance it out, we're going to have both the ninja and minor villain as playable characters. In other words, Fluttershy and Sunset Shimmer are going to be playable. To make this possible, Flash Sentry had to be downgraded into a supporting character. He will act like General Leo but is not playable, although we do see his battle sprites in the two autobattles before the final fight. I can tell that it's going to take a long time for you to make Filly Fantasy IV unless you find a better internet connection. Zephyr Breeze's battle sprites will be a palette swap of Rosa's with some of Edward sprites transformed into Zephyr Breeze. Applebloom's(Bloom) battle sprites will mostly be based on Edward with some of Yang's battle sprites transformed into Applebloom. Filly Fantasy IV is going to be an awesome pony localization of Final Fantasy IV. The majority of story will stay true to the MLP Canon with some parts of the story and the first half of it will be the same as the original game. As an Easter Egg, Ursa Minor would be fought where Shadow Dragon used to be in Fedorajoe's Playable Golbez hack of Final Fantasy IV using the Monster214 data replaced with the Ursa Minor graphic. The battle theme for Ursa Minor would be the Battle with the Four Fiends. His introduction would be "I am the Ursa Minor. All who defy Adagio must be eliminated!" This is a reference to the his battle dialogue in Filly Fantasy VI where he must destroy ponies with defy King Sombra and the Battle with the Four Friends is the same song that is played when Ultima Weapon was fought in The After Years. When Sunset Shimmer appears as a demon, the room turns red similar to Golbez in the original game.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:28:41 AM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 09:50:09 AM »
As I said, the first half of the story is the same as the original Final Fantasy IV. Before the second half begins, story will be just the Playable Golbez Edition except that we will still have a playable ninja and the ninja items/gear remain the same as the original game. Don't worry, Fluttershy will have upgraded ninja armor by the time she rejoins the party. You'll be grateful to have a ninja girl as a well-balanced character with Sunset Shimmer acting as a tank. Reference to "You're never gonna bring me down!", Sunset Shimmer will take minor damage from almost all enemies and you'll be grateful having her as a playable character once she joins the party. Scootaloo as Porom and Sweetie Belle as Palom would be teenage versions of their counterparts. Sweetie Belle will be perfect as Palom as her voice at the time of this comment sounds like a teenage version of that character. Scootaloo would be perfect as Porom as her voice is just about a teenage version of that character. Scootaloo would match Porom perfectly, as seeing Porom's design in The After Years made me think of Scootaloo as Porom's My Little Pony Counterpart.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:11:20 AM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »
It's been about half a month since my last replay, but it's great to be back again. Sunset Shimmer's sprite has been updated with Heatwave replacing Mug. Her Heatwave sprite is a palette swap of Golbez's Darkwave sprite from version 1-2.1 of Fedorajoe's Playable Golbez Hack of Final Fantasy IV. Once the hack of Filly Fantasy IV is complete, I'd love to play it.
Sunset Shimmer battle sprite source: https://thepatrickinator.deviantart.com/art/Sunset-Shimmer-Filly-Fantasy-IV-Battle-Sprites-707556799

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:44:53 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2017, 03:09:26 PM »
Characters that will receive special needs for Filly Fantasy IV:
Unicorn Twilight receives special needs with Applebloom helping Twilight overcome her mental issues.
Applebloom receives special needs after being brainwashed by the Storm King regaining her consciousness.
Luna turns back to normal after breaking free from Sunset Shimmer's evil influence thanks to Trixie's sacrifice.
Sunset Shimmer receives special needs to atone for all the crimes she committed under Adagio's evil spell.
I can't forget Princess Celestia because she'll need a powerful pony who is great at using damaging magic since her magic may not be very effective against Adagio.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:37:12 AM by thepatirckinator »

Spindaboy

• Guard Leader
  • I need more sleep.
    • View Profile
    • SyndROMe Hacking
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »
Characters that will receive special needs for Filly Fantasy IV:
Unicorn Twilight receives special needs with Applebloom helping Twilight overcome her mental issues.
Applebloom receives special needs after being brainwashed by the Storm King regaining her consciousness.
Luna receives special needs after breaking free from Sunset Shimmer's evil influence thanks to Trixie's sacrifice.
Sunset Shimmer receives special needs after breaking free from Adagio's evil influence.
I can't forget Princess Celestia because her magic may be not very effective against Adagio.
...what?

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2017, 07:01:51 AM »
If you are very good at sprite editing, I need someone to make battle sprite sheet for Zephyr Breeze using this attachment. He will be named Zephyr in Filly Fantasy IV. Fluttershy's younger brother will represent Edward for Final Fantasy IV. Since he represents Edward for Filly Fantasy IV, it's a female only cast against the Four Elements of Chaos. He will be the only male playable character for Filly Fantasy IV. If you need help to add wings for Zephyr Breeze because he's a pegasus, use the Filly Fantasy VI sprites for Flash Sentry and Scootaloo plus the attachment I give to you. You can send me the Zephyr Breeze battle sprite sheet attachment once you are done.