Author Topic: Filly Fantasy IV  (Read 1038 times)

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
Re: Filly Fantasy IV
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »
Once TileShop - Flexible Graphics Editor is released in the future, you guys can work on the sprites for Filly Fantasy IV. I'd suggest you use the FF2US v1.1 rom so you can use FF4kster to work on a literal ponification of Final Fantasy IV.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:31:30 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 06:59:32 AM »
To avoid confusion, only the spell names in Filly Fantasy IV should be changed to match their modern day counterparts. Let's bring back the cure potions and ether names from the American version of Final Fantasy II including elixirs.

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 08:13:20 AM »
I'd love to see a ninja and a minor villain working together for once. This is why I decided to have Flash act like his own character and appear for only the second half of the story but not become playable having battle sprites only for the two Adagio autobattles and lose to the main antagonist because he used the crystal heart to get revenge on Adagio for killing his parents. That is why I am having Fluttershy become the playable ninja. She will act like Rosa for the first half of the story and will represent Edge for the second half. Don't worry, Sunset will still be playable. Sunset will join the party after she's free from mind control.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:58:45 AM by thepatirckinator »

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 01:23:06 PM »
Last time I was around, basically every thread I saw had posts in it like:

"Lol Golbez is gonna be in a hack yay"

Come back today to see what's been going on since last time, and the only thing I see:

"Lol Golbez is in hack someone should hack it to be My Little Golbez Ponies yay"
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 03:23:28 PM »
On second thought, how about we make Sunburst the Elder for Filly Fantasy IV. Sunburst would be a perfect ponified version of the elder. Not only he has a beard like his counterpart, but he is just as wise as he is.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:36:13 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 12:35:39 PM »
"What if a minor villain and a ninja worked together?" This is why I'd prefer not having Flash Sentry become a playable character.

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 10:51:09 AM »
On Second Thought, let's have Applebloom become Yang. As I said, she'll represent Kain for the first part of the story until Rarity uses Quake from a monster that will knock down and then she will become Yang from there on out. Bloom's Commands will be the same as Yang's from the Hard-Type Edition of Final Fantasy IV.
Her job class will be Fighter. Applebloom's gameplay would be the same as Yang's.
Bloom's Commands:
Fight
Brace:Works the same way as Protect except that it will not cost MP and it will say "Defense power increased!"
Kick
Deadly:She's a filly so it made sense to give her a strong attack.
Item

The reason why it would be better for Applebloom to represent Yang is because the bow on her hair can be the counterpart to Yang's braided ponytail and she did Karate as shown in Call of the Cutie.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 07:30:40 AM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 01:42:04 PM »
I hope somebody makes Filly Fantasy IV be awesome than ever. Filly Fantasy IV will be based on the Playable Golbez Edition of Final Fantasy IV with the plot changed to stay as close to the MLP canon as possible. For example, starting actor will be the pony who represents Yang in the hack is where we started with Kain in the original game. Ending actor will be where Golbez used to be in the original game and that position will be for the pony who represents Kain in the hack. The only similarities from the original game is where Starlight will represent Anna and die the same way her counterpart did. Trixie will be like Tellah except that she will be the only character with the MP Overflow which will be reverted back to normal for the first Sunset Shimmer fight. The battle where Trixie dies after the first fight against Sunset Shimmer will be just about the same as Tellah's death. Tellah's death was after the fact he used Meteor which was too much for him to handle. Trixie dies after using Meteor since she tackled Sunset Shimmer only to be hit by a Meteor of her own ending her life.

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2017, 09:46:46 PM »
Sunset Shimmer will join the party as a playable character after she breaks free from mind-control and is a buffed up version of Edge. Her weaker damaging-black magic is removed and her Fire3, Ice3, Bolt3 is renamed Blaze, Frost, and Shock respectively. Sunset will not have the throw command since we can't have two ninjas for Filly Fantasy IV.
Twilight's black magic will be replaced with alicorn magic and the Black command for Black Magic will be replaced with Angel for Alicorn Magic. Alicorn Magic is a buffed up version of Black, White, and Ninja magic. The animation for the Fang_Items will be Twilight's version of Bolt, Ice, and Fire magic for Alicorn Magic. Twilight will be a powerful magic caster and will learn powerful magic when she levels up. What will her alicorn magic be? We'll have to balance her out using FF4kster for that.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:51:59 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »
Sunset Shimmer's personality as a she-demon is both a psychopath and sociopath combined.
As an evildoer, she cares about nobody but herself and
forgoes friendship lusting for absolute beauty and power
to rule Equestria with an iron fist.
Under Adagio's evil spell, she treats herself like a
princess and will play god to keep it that way.
Her lust for beauty and power has driven her to hate Twilight after the
later becomes an alicorn princess. She plays god with others to her own benefits and takes
pride in the crimes she commits, acts sadistic with a dark sense of humor to fool
others, and turned an innocent princess into a pawn of evil only to be betrayed by
her pawn once again after the former resists her mind-control spell.
When things don't Sunset Shimmer's way, she acts very childish and inmature.
After her plans for princesshood and world domination were foiled by physically weaker ponies,
she suffers a mental breakdown and swears to kill them with death.
In summary, Adagio's evil willpower was too much for Sunset Shimmer to handle.

As it turns out, Sunset Shimmer was brainwashed by Adagio Dazzle as Adagio took advantage of
her hatred and loneliness doing her master's dirty work in order to have Adagio rule Equestria
with an iron fist and obtain princesshood as soon as possible.
When Sunset brakes free from mind control, she feels guilty
for all the evil she had done under Adagio's spell and decides to punish her master
for the crimes she committed under her spell.
After remembering who her best friend is,
she regained friendship and acted like a big sister to
Twilight Sparkle. Before Flash decides to kill Sunset, she tells him to punish
Adagio Dazzle first. Not to be controlled by Adagio again,
she tells Princess Celestia to quickly go after Adagio and
stays with her best friend in order to not lose her mind
to Adagio again like she did before. After joining Twilight's friends,
Sunset decides to punish Adagio to atone for her sins in order to end the
threat she helped rise without sacrificing her life. After defeating Adagio,
she felt no remorse for destroying her master's world domination plan and departs
to Equestria peacefully knowing that everypony has forgiven her.

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 01:38:07 PM »
Setting for Filly Fantasy IV is Heart's Warming Eve Era Equestria. I think that Starlight would be perfect playing Anna in Filly Fantasy IV and because it is said that she is a powerful magic caster in the TV Show. Trixie would be perfect playing Tellah cause she's a magic caster like her counterpart. She would be the only playable character to start with 199 MP making it easier for the player to use Meteor and will stay at 199 even if the player levels up. Unlike her counterpart, Trixie's physical stats including HP increase when she levels up, staying true to her great and powerful personality as a very young unicorn. Like her counterpart, she dies after using Meteor on Sunset Shimmer's she-demon form. Trixie sacrifices herself in order to disable Sunset Shimmer's mind control spell on Luna making it easy for Luna to resist Sunset Shimmer's temptation once again.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:46:14 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 04:27:43 PM »
Ponified Version of script in Yak Castle before Sunset Shimmer:
Sunset: Ahhahahahaha!
Is that all your power?
Cool down and relax!
(Sunset uses Shadowbind on Everyone)
I can see your weakness.
Enjoy your Nightmare!
Come out, Tantabus!
(Sunset kills everyone one by one except Twily)
Say goodbye, Twilight!
(Windigo disrupts Tantabus for the last kill)
Sunset: Did that Windigo
blow away my Tantabus?!
(Rarity comes in and saves Twilight!)
???:You are safe now!
Twily:Rarity!

Unlike the original game, Twilight remembers the purple-haired filly and can tell that Rarity has grown to be a beautiful mare!

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 08:27:07 PM »
If you're wondering what I mean about Sunset Shimmer being a buffed up version of Edge, she'll have black magic in the style of ninja magic.
Her spells are Blaze, Frost, Shock, Bio, Osmose, Drain, Quake, Flare, and Meteor. Fire1 and Fire2 are removed but Fire3 is kept and is renamed to Blaze. Ice1 and Ice2 is removed but Ice3  is kept and is renamed Frost. Bolt1 and Bolt2 is removed but Bolt3 is kept and is renamed Shock. Obviously, Sunset Shimmer's elemental spells are buffed in damage with everything else kept intact to make her a well balanced character. She may not be a strong magic caster compared to Twilight with her Alicorn magic, but Sunset Shimmer's damaging black magic is no laughing matter. The Fang Items will be replaced with ninja edges which can only be thrown by Fluttershy having the animation of Edge's Blitz, Flame, and Flood.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:47:20 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 08:39:53 PM »
It would be great if we add a solo battle in Filly Fantasy IV. Fluttershy takes on Discord by herself and it's easier to do it with Fluttershy alone than with the other four ponies like Rarity, AJ, Luna, and Twily.

Fluttershy:Let me take care of Discord. If it's a fight to the
death he wants, it's a fight to the death he'll get.
Discord:Before I give you a death battle,
I'll restore your MP and HP first!
(HP and MP restored)
Now come at me!

(Fight against Discord)
Thanks for fighting me. I'll see you again sometime!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:49:49 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 09:49:21 PM »
It would be fair to have the minor villain and ninja working together. To make Sunset Shimmer and a ninja playable, Flash Sentry had to be downgraded to a non-playable character. I've seen somebody play Filly Fantasy VI and it would be great to have a playable ninja for almost all of Filly Fantasy IV.