Author Topic: Filly Fantasy IV  (Read 509 times)

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
Filly Fantasy IV
« on: June 28, 2017, 08:28:30 PM »
I just wanted to direct a story for Filly Fantasy IV and I do not intend to make that hack. I've seen hacks made from ff4kster such as Unprecedented Crisis, The Darkness Within, and Final Fantasy IV: Playable Golbez Edition. I've asked DrakeClawfang if he would make Filly Fantasy IV and he said no. To summarize my comments, I wanted to see somebody make Filly Fantasy IV based on Fedorajoe's Final Fantasy IV: Playable Golbez Edition hack but changed to stay true to the MLP canon made with the program FF4kster. You can download FF4kster at http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/914/ and I hope my comments I've posted will help you make the ponified version of Final Fantasy IV with the plot staying true to the MLP cannon. I've tried FF4kster and it's a good program. If you do work on it, make sure you take notes on how you made that hack with contributions from other designers and programmers including Drakeclawfang. Sprites from http://vazcods.deviantart.com/gallery/ and http://drakeclawfang.deviantart.com/gallery/57717145/Filly-Fantasy-VI will be used as a base which will be edited to mimic each character's gameplay and outside of battle map sprites with Fluttershy's battle sprites made to mimic Edge Geraldine's battle sprites from the original game. As I said before, you'll have to get creative for Sunset Shimmer's battle sprites. I am sure that all of my comments including this one will help you with your Filly Fantasy IV project. Good luck!

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
Re: Filly Fantasy IV
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 08:28:50 PM »
http://thepatrickinator.deviantart.com/art/Flash-Sentry-Filly-Fantasy-IV-NPC-Battle-Sprites-680270149 are the battle sprites for Flash Sentry since I had Fluttershy become the ninja and made Flash Sentry represent Edge as a non-playable character. I wanted to make Flash more likable as a supporting character having him act more humble than his counterpart and it would be nice to see him and Celestia fight Adagio as revenge for being mind controlled by her in Rainbow Rocks.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 08:30:36 PM »
In case you were wondering about Fluttershy for Filly Fantasy IV, I've decided to make Fluttershy the playable ninja instead of Flash Sentry. This is because I loved her playing Shadow in Filly Fantasy VI due to the fact that she has a ninja-like personality. Being the element of kindness she is, having her play like Edge in terms of gameplay stays true to her ninja-like personality despite representing Rosa. I'll have Fluttershy throw the bomb Twilight and Rainbow Dash got from the beginning of the game and leaving the party by jumping off the ship for one time only to fly away after the bomb explodes. This is a reference to her ending in Filly Fantasy VI where she flies away
from the exploding tower to save her life. She goes to a cave where all of Flash Sentry's soldiers move to after their home is destroyed by Discord. After the first Discord fight, which is an autobattle where Fluttershy loses, she rejoins the party. Flash Sentry's debut in Filly Fantasy IV will be when Twilight's friends and Luna meet Discord at the top floor of the Babel Tower.
I wanted the plot to stay true to the MLP canon as possible with Sunset Shimmer joining the heroes after she breaks free from mind control just like Golbez in Fedorajoe's Final Fantasy IV: Playable Golbez Edition hack. Gameplaywise, I wanted to make Fluttershy a well-balanced character.

Fluttershy's Magic spell set:
Blast(Fire3 Animation)
Flood
Shock(Bolt3 Animation)
Smoke
Reflect
Cure4
Arise
Mirage
Float
Esuna
Haste
Level 29: Tremor(Quake Animation)
                 Frost(Ice3 Animation)
                 Flame
                 Blitz
Level 35: Osmose
Level 45: Flare
Level 50: Meteor

Before Fluttershy leaves the party:
Shy:The engine can't last any longer! Twily, take the wheel!
Twily:Fluttershy!
Shy:We have to leave! I'll close the opening with a bomb!

When she fights Discord!
Shy:Discord! There's no escape!
Discord:Who are you?
Shy: I'am Fluttershy, the cute ninja girl!
Discord:The element of kindness?
Shy:Yes. And you will not hurt anypony!

(autobattle Fluttershy vs. Discord!)
(Fluttershy uses Blast)
Discord:Was that fire?
Try to endure this!
(Discord uses Scorch, defeating Fluttershy)

Shy:Owww!
Discord:It will take more than
raw power to defeat me!
Goodbye!
(Discord vanishes)
Shy:I lost!
AJ:Ouch! You're hurt very badly!
Shy:Are you girls after Discord?
Let me help you!
Luna:If you're curious,
Discord is the fire fiend
of the four chaos elements!
Shy:I know! As the element
of kindness, I can't handle Discord
on my own!
Rarity:Stop it!
Rarity:I'm upset we've lost my
mom, Trixie, and Rainbow Dash!
Shy:My goodness!
Twily:Oh, Rarity...
AJ:We're sorry...
Twily:Discord is the last
of the Elite Four. However,
we have to get the shards
at all costs!
Shy:I must have offended Rarity
by making her cry...
AJ: Twilight! Fluttershy
must be healed as she
will be a big help to us!
Shy:Please heal
me, Twilight!
Twilight:Sure thing!
(Twily casts Arise and Fluttershy stands up)
Shy:Alright, Girls! Let's save the world
together!
Luna:That's the spirit!
"Fluttershy rejoins the party!"

Entering first floor of Babel Tower:
Twily: It's time to teleport
our way in!
Here we go!
(Twily teleports through the wall into the tower)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:23:21 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »
Here's the commands and gameplay for each character in Filly Fantasy IV:

Trixie's commands
Job: Sage
Fight
Magic
Item
Gameplay: Magic command will replace Tellah's Magic commands and it will be a mashup of ninjitsu spells, useful white magic, and damaging black magic. She'll begin with Flame, Flood, Blitz, Smoke, Blink, Life, Cura, Esuna, and Stop.
Once Twilight becomes an Alicorn Princess, Trixie gains access to Aero, Quake, Bio, Flare, and Meteor.
Also, here Life1(Life) and Cure2(Cura) is upgraded to Curaja(Cure4) and Arise(Life2) respectively. She's the complete opposite of Tellah in terms of gameplay, but will begin with 99 MP and will increase by 10 each level giving the player a chance to use Meteor. After using Bio, Flame, Blitz, and Flood, she'll use Meteor and sacrifice herself to stop Sunset Shimmer's mind-control spell on Princess Luna. Unlike Tella vs. Golbez, Bio will do normal damage, Flame representing Firaga will do half damage, and Blitz/Flood representing Bolt3 and Ice3 respectively will do double damage.

Applejack
Job: Chief
Fight
Scan
Rage
Item
Gameplay: Applejack plays just about the same as Cid Pollendina except that she can wield two weapons.
She is a very good physical attacker as well. Unlike Cid in the original game, she stays with the party until the Moon Whale is summoned. Also, her weapon damage gets buffed. Rage is the same as Breserk and the battle message will say "Breserked! after that command is used."

Belle(Sweetie Belle)
Job: BlkMage(Black Mage)
Fight
Black(Black Magic)
Twin
Bluff
Item
Gameplay: She'll play similar to her big sister, but doesn't have the summon command because she is
just a filly. However, she begins with all Fire, Ice, and Thunder spells. Their Pyroblast, Comet
get buffed in damage but their Twin Meteor gets nerfed. They don't need Twin Stars to learn Twin Meteor.
Bluff acts the same as The After Years.

Scoot(Scootaloo)
Job: WhtMage(White Mage)
Fight
White(White Magic)
Twin
Roost
Item
Gameplay: She'll play just like Porom, but will begin with all spells that Cecil
can learn as a Paladin. Roost is a brand new command for Scootaloo and it heals major HP to herself with no MP cost.
Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo have Twin command right from the start.

Zephyr Breeze
Job: Pegasus
Fight
Sing
Hide
Item
Gameplay: He'll play just like Edward in Unprecedented Crisis minus the Regen(Regenerate) command.

Dash(Rainbow Dash's Commands)
Job Class: WonColt(Wondercolt)
Fight
Cover
Dash(Rainbow Dash does her famous dash stance from the TV show)
Roost
Item
Gameplay: Gave Cover to Rainbow Dash instead of Twilight Sparkle to stay true to her character.
Chakra is replaced with Roost. Dash command is the same as Yang's Kick.

Unicorn Twily:
Job: Unicorn
Fight
Htwav(Heat Wave)
Black(Black magic)
Item
Gameplay: Twilight Sparkle as a Unicorn will begin
with the same spells as Golbez from the After Years,
and will start at Level 15 with Cecil's Level 15
After Years Stats. Unlike Cecil, she will start with 160 MP and will not
increase until she becomes an alicorn.

Alicorn Twily:
Job: Alicorn
Fight
White(White Magic)
Black(Black Magic)
WBlck(only when Sunset Shimmer joins the party)
Item
Gameplay: Alicorn Twilight Sparkle gains
white magic after giving up Heat Wave and
can learn spells twice as fast than every playable character
in Final Fantasy IV. Unlike Celestia, she does not
have Regen(Regenerate). As an Alicorn, her magic stats
are high making her very useful for the team. Twilight
can also use Double Black Magic with
Sunset Shimmer when she joins the party.

Luna:
Job: DkKnght(Dark Knight)
Fight
Black(Black Magic)
Dive(Jump in the original game)
Item
Gameplay: Unlike Kain, Luna can
learn black magic staying true to
her character.

Filly Rarity
Job: Filly
Fight
Black(Black Magic)
White(White Magic)
Summn(Summon)
Item
Gameplay: She starts at Level 1 with the same level and stats Tellah joins the party and will begin with the Black Magic spells Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Stop, and Osmose, and the White Magic spells Cura, Life, Blink, Esuna, Confuse, and Teleport. Unlike Kid Rydia, she'll have both White and Black magic.

Adult Rarity
Job: Summonr(Summoner)
Fight
Black(Black Magic)
Summn(Summon)
Item
Gameplay: Same as Adult Rydia in the original Final Fantasy IV. Like Adult Rydia in Final Fantasy IV, she loses the
White(White Magic) command and can no longer use white magic as of the second fight against she-demon Sunset Shimmer.

Shy(Fluttershy)
Job:Pegasus
Fight
Magic(replacement for Ninja Magic)
Throw
Stare(replacing Pressure command)
Item
Gameplay: Other than playing, representing Rosa, and starting
with her Level 15 stats from The After Years,
she'll have the Throw command which allows Fluttershy
to throw shurikens, knives, and weapons. Unlike Rosa, she
can use buffing magic on all her allies.  She also has
Stare which stuns enemies making her an
all balanced character. She'll play like
Edge in battle and will be
one of the composite characters
in the game.

Sunset(Sunset Shimmer)
Job: Unicorn
Fight
Black(Black Magic)
Mug
WBlck(She has this command when she joins the party)
Item
Gameplay: http://thepatrickinator.deviantart.com/art/Golbez-s-stats-Final-Fantasy-IV-Playable-Golbez-610213459 will be used as a base to determine the stats for Sunset Shimmer when she joins the party. Like Golbez in the After Years, she'll start with 2971 HP at Level 50. Unlike Golbez, she'll have all black magic spells when she joins the party. Making her a better Playable Golbez instead of Edge, Sunset Shimmer can now steal items from enemies and do damage. Her steal rate is very high. Since she has Black Magic that causes status problems to enemies, Sunset Shimmer will not have Pressure. WBlck(Double Black Magic) is a brand new command for Filly Fantasy IV. Sunset Shimmer and Twilight combine their powerful black magic spells into one and has a 30% chance of casting Fire3, Ice3, or Bolt3 with a 10% chance of casting Meteor. The Damage of this command is reliant on Black Magic from both characters combined into one. The limit of Magic Damage is 16383 and you can use the Final Fantasy IV - Break Damage Limit patch cause one of their magic damage would go over 9999 which is the normal limit.

Celest(Celestia)
Job: Alicorn
Fight
Black(Black Magic)
White(White Magic)
Regen(Regenerate)
Item
Gameplay: Princess Celestia represents Fusoya and will begin at Level 50 with 2010 HP instead of 1900
and will begin with 201 MP instead of 190. 

Flash(Flash Sentry)
Despite representing Edge Geraldine, Flash Sentry will have 6 battle sprites instead of 13 since he is a non-playable character and will use Black Magic instead of Ninjitsu. His battle sprites will only appear in the two Adagio autobattles and will have Edge's Level 35 stats from The After Years with 1991 HP. He'll help Celestia use the same spells when Golbez took on Zemus in the original game, but his Firaga(Fire3),Blizzaga(Ice3),and Thundaga(Bolt3) will do more damage. Like Golbez in the original game, or Edge if you are playing the Playable Golbez Edition, he'll use Meteor on two forms of Adagio. Unfortunately, he cannot use the Crystal Heart.

You'll need ff4kster to make Filly Fantasy IV and the commands for each character shown here. Unlike Filly Fantasy VI, Filly Fantasy IV will be based on Fedorajoe's Playable Golbez Edition of Final Fantasy IV. You'll have to ask RydelFox for sprites for each playable character including Flash Sentry's 6 battle battle sprites. The battle sprites for each character is reused from Filly Fantasy VI with Sunset Shimmer's sprites from Filly Fantasy VI using pallet swaps from different Filly Fantasy VI characters to make a fully playable Sunset Shimmer. Sunset Shimmer's battle sprites for Filly Fantasy IV will match Golbez's 2D from the After Years battle sprites except for Pressure/Heat Wave which will be a palette swap of Pinkie Pie's summon magic sprite. http://botchan-mlp.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-Girls-Demon-Sunset-Shimmer-idle-403513341 is the site where if the Demon Sunset Shimmer enemy sprite which can be used for two battles against Sunset Shimmer as an enemy which can be reused against she-demon fight in the Moon Subterrane. Good luck finding all the ponified enemies and bosses with a few of them from the Equestria Girls series. Trust me, all characters will stay true to their MLP counterparts including Sunset Shimmer from the Equestria Girls series. Sunset Shimmer as a demon is the result of Adagio taking over Sunset's body using her hatred for Celestia
reflecting Sunset Shimmer's demon/evil personality in her Equestria Girls debut until Celestia breaks the curse and joins the heroes afterwards similar to Golbez in the Playable Golbez Edition. Good Luck! It'll be a very hard project. Don't release that romhack until it is finished. To make the hack stay true to the MLP Cannon, Sunset and Luna's roles are switched in the ending and Rainbow Dash takes over for Kain in the beginning until Rarity(Rydia) summons a monster that uses quake which normally separates Kain and Cecil in the original game. Some of the new commands will have to be replaced with ones that were not as useful in the original game with most of the new ones based on the Final Fantasy IV: Unprecedented Crisis hack, which you'll need to have a separate rom file for that. Use ff4kster with the Unprecedented Crisis hack checking the commands from that hack and use that as a reference. WBlck(W-Black) is the new command for Sunset Shimmer and Twilight which Alicorn Twilight cannot use until Sunset Shimmer joins the party. It acts the same as The After Years during the time when Fusoya and Golbez took on Zeromus' Malice. If Sunset and Twily is about to use Double Meteor, Sunset says "Do it, Twily!" and Twily will respond "Meteor!"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:25:49 AM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 08:36:38 PM »
I was thinking about a Ponified Final Fantasy IV romhack. I've played the Golbez version of Final Fantasy IV and I thought about having the ponified version of Final Fantasy IV be based on the Playable Golbez Edition of Final Fantasy IV. If you guys are interested, you can check the comments I made here about making that hack. I apologize if this is spam. If you are confused about the battle characters using ff4kster, the playable character says Edge but Golbez will take his place as playable character and he will be played by Sunset Shimmer. The non-playable character says Golbez but will be switched to Edge Geraldine and he will be played by Flash Sentry. Obviously, I wanted the ponified Final Fantasy IV romhack to have almost all the playable characters as females like Filly Fantasy VI made by DrakeClawfang.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
Alright! I've made the spell list for Luna for Filly Fantasy IV. After Trixie sacrifices herself disabling the mind-control spell by Sunset, Luna finally joins the heroes and will act as a Black Mage cause she is a Dark Knight. Unlike her counterpart, Luna never leaves the party until the end of the game. As both Luna and Sunset Shimmer are mind controlled by Adagio, they will know black magic as playable characters. Luna will learn damaging black magic to stay true to her character and balance her out.

Luna's Black Magic Spell Set:
Fire(Fire1)
Fira(Fire2)
Firaga(Fire3)
Blizzard(Ice1)
Blizzara(Ice2)
Blizzaga(Ice3)
Thunder(Bolt1)
Thundara(Bolt2)
Thundaga(Bolt3)
Bio
Osmose
Level 39:Quake
Level 45:Flare
Level 50:Meteor
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:37:57 AM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 08:37:42 PM »
I've finally done Sunset Shimmer's battle sprites for Filly Fantasy IV! http://thepatrickinator.deviantart.com/art/Sunset-Shimmer-Filly-Fantasy-IV-Battle-Sprites-684917164 are the battle sprites I've made for the final playable character in that hack.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »
In case you were wandering about the setting for Filly Fantasy IV, it will take place during the Hearth's Warming era of Equestria. That will be appropriate to the to the setting of Final Fantasy IV and would fit in the overall narrative. Speaking about the Adagio autobattles for Filly Fantasy IV, it would be great seeing Flash Sentry use his black magic against Adagio as revenge for being mind controlled by her in Rainbow Rocks. That's the only time we see Flash Sentry's battle sprites. It would be great seeing Flash Sentry for the second half of the game and see him act like General Leo while assisting the Equestria Girls. Flash Sentry's debut in Filly Fantasy IV is when Discord talks about him feeling angry about Cinch using Discord's magic without permission to turn his parents into monsters.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:26:43 AM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 08:38:53 PM »
Oh yeah! Fluttershy's counterparts for Filly Fantasy IV would be Rosa, Cid when she throws the bomb, than Edge after she escapes the explosion where it is revealed she got away and escaped to the cave. When we see Discord for the first time where Fluttershy loses, she returns to her normal counterpart. The true Edge is Flash Sentry's debut as a supporting character is when Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Luna, and Fluttershhy see Discord for the second time. It would be great to add the option of having Fluttershy take on Discord herself.

Fluttershy vs. Discord fight.
"HP and MP restored!"
"Would you like to take on Discord with Fluttershy alone?"
If you say yes:
Shy:I'll deal with Discord myself. He may not be evil, but
I'll show him the power of friendship.
Discord:Very well. I will show you no mercy!

Regardless of outcome if you win with Fluttershy alone or with the playable five, he will say the same thing no matter what.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »
For the final room in the game of Filly Fantasy IV, it would be great to have Luna and Sunset switch positions. Luna will be in Golbez's position, or Edge if you are playing the original game, and Sunset Shimmer will be in Kain's position. That way, Luna can congratulate her big sister on her victory against Adagio.  Sunset Shimmer can go back to Equestria in peace after Adagio has been dealt with whereas Luna departs with her sister in peace after apologizing to everypony for the damage she had done knowing that she was the one that started this mess to begin with.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 08:40:12 PM »
On second thought, Zecora will be the Elder, Princess Cadence and Flurry Heart will represent the two Epopts, one of the Engineers will be Flash Sentry, and that's it.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »
http://thepatrickinator.deviantart.com/gallery/63034766/Filly-Fantasy-IV-Battle-Sprites are the sprites I've done for each character including six NPC-Battle Sprites for Flash Sentry. You guys may need FF4kster to work on this and a sprite editor programs to work on this hack. This attachment is the title screen for Filly Fantasy IV.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:51:09 AM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 08:56:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4EQvosn3JtASckOmLYt_rW-enECksYfs is a playlist of songs that you have my permission to use for Filly Fantasy IV. Songs that I'd love to hear in that hack is This Day Aria in the style of Tower of Zot arranged in D Minor used for the 4 Elements of Chaos and the tower which was originally called Tower of Zot. You have my permission to use this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRWF_3Af4j8&feature=youtu.be for the Moon Subterrane in that ponified hack. The title screen music for Filly Fantasy IV will be the extended version of My Very Best Friends done in the style of the Final Fantasy title music in the key of C Major like the title screen of this hack.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:49:49 AM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 09:22:34 PM »
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9Ye2lkjLILNQTMwNHpvbUxXV3M is the source where I've put down the correct pictures for every playable character in Filly Fantasy IV. Sunset Shimmer's menu sprite is based on Edge Geraldine's menu sprite from the original Final Fantasy IV, but will be a playable Golbez unlike her counterpart since Filly Fantasy IV's plot will stay true to the MLP cannon. Obviously, it will be a mashup of the original game with fedorajoe's Playable Golbez Edition with a My Little Pony twist. This is to make a Final Fantasy IV like nobody played before.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »
Once you guys are done making that hack, send me the source of where to download it. I wanted each character in Filly Fantasy IV to stay true to their counterparts and Generation IV MLP counterparts with a twist to some characters. For example, Fluttershy will be is the playable ninja and is one of the three composite characters in Filly Fantasy IV having Edge's gameplay with one sprite of Fluttershy using Stare which is the palette swap of Edge's Throw sprite. You have no deadlines to make that hack.