Author Topic: Enuo  (Read 649 times)

x0_000

• Antlion
    • View Profile
Re: Enuo
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 01:12:11 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYePFcTVKIs

Here's ~2 minute Enuo and if you're willing to spend ~10 extra seconds you can reduce the RNG failure to succeeding two 80% chance rolls. Sub 2 minutes is possible if everything goes perfectly, i.e. the game picks the least time-wasting actions for Enuo. I think the Steam port is faster (Enuo's intro clearly takes less time on the Steam version) so this strategy is probably a guaranteed sub-2 minutes even with the RNG precautions.

The strategy is as follows:

All Freelancers, wearing Ribbon + Hermes Sandals + your favorite body armour.
Bartz - Masamune + anything else (you just need double digit damage), !Time, !Mix. Aegis Shield can potentially reduce time with RNG.
Everyone else - 2x Dragon Lances, !Aim, !Jump

First you one-cycle Enuo's first form as follows: Bartz !Quicks a regular attack (to get his HP < 599996) and then !Mixes a Dragon Kiss on Enuo. This makes him a Dragon type, which has the effect of making Dragon Lances deal 8x damage that bypasses defense. The Masamune also guarantees this is the first action of the fight. Then everyone !Aims a 9999 damage 2x Dragon Lance. Note that the initial !Quick prevents Enuo's first form from taking a turn and wasting time with an action. !Aim is used because !Mug, !Dance, !Focus and !Jump are the only other abilities that are guaranteed to hit and they all take more time to execute even assuming you get perfect Sword Dances.

For the second form, !Quick isn't needed (you can do it if you absolutely need to reduce RNG reliance but it'll cost time), so Bartz just mixes another Dragon Kiss onto Enuo. Then everyone !Jumps. !Jumps are used this time because Enuo's Protect status reduces the damage from !Aim to ~5-6k. Then Bartz takes a turn to attack Enuo and drop his HP < 59996, and then everyone completes their jumps and Enuo is dead. Note that you can give Bartz an Aegis Shield to potentially speed up the second phase since Enuo will be able to get off a move and a Aegis Shield proc can cancel the animations, but at this point it's just RNG to get those.

Note that technically Bartz can die during the second form if he does something like Almagest/Meteo > Dimension Zero since that actually reach his HP total but like I mentioned in the strategy you can avoid that by using !Quick !Fight !Mix for the second form. If the Dimension Zero counts as a physical attack, then you can also dodge it by giving Bartz a Mirage Vest. In either case, there is a guaranteed way to avoid getting killed so you only need two physical attacks to land for the strategy to work.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:02:24 AM by x0_000 »

Squall

• Cagnazzo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 09:27:37 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm back from vacation and I'm glad you develop new and better strategies :)

how about without directly attacking him?
reflect on party + multitarget Firaga on party comes to mind
Good strategy Praetarius5018. This allows 9999 hit at lower levels and will not require max level. The animations will most likely be much longer then Goblin Kick, but never the less 100% solid strategy!

I did some RNG manupulation but not an exhaustive one, just what first worked ok.
Unfortunately samurai goroh, I can't accept it as legit. Not only the RNG manipulation part, but a strategy with <1% chance to pull :(

Here's ~2 minute Enuo and if you're willing to spend ~10 extra seconds you can reduce the RNG failure to succeeding two 80% chance rolls. Sub 2 minutes is possible if everything goes perfectly, i.e. the game picks the least time-wasting actions for Enuo. I think the Steam port is faster
Excellent strategy x0_000. Because of the 8x mechanism this can be easily done at much lower levels (I have to check in my Dmg_Calc). Ofc the 2 normal hit net you only 64% chance to pull, but thats high enough to reproduce it easy. I actually may try this on PC/Steam to see any time differences you mention.

Praetarius5018

• Siren
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 02:33:49 PM »
how about without directly attacking him?
reflect on party + multitarget Firaga on party comes to mind
Good strategy Praetarius5018. This allows 9999 hit at lower levels and will not require max level. The animations will most likely be much longer then Goblin Kick, but never the less 100% solid strategy!
after thinking about this some more, probably not that good..
I'm not sure who is targetted if you hit your own party and reflect it, do the 2 dummy target have a chance to be hit? if so, 33% chance = forget this strategy

afaik Fire3 has 185 power
multitarget cuts that in half, so 92
fire rod or equivalent increases that by 50%, so 138
Enuo has 30 m.def, that leaves 4 times 108 attack times M as damage for that strategy or 432 * M

direct attack with Flare has 254 power and reduces def to 1/32? 0 in this case, so final damage would be 254 * M

direct attack with Fire3 and fire rod would come out to (185 * 1.5 - 30) * M = 247 * M

~75% damage increase overall, not too shabby.

Squall

• Cagnazzo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 08:39:05 AM »
I'm not sure who is targetted if you hit your own party and reflect it, do the 2 dummy target have a chance to be hit? if so, 33% chance = forget this strategy
TBH I haven't used that strategy in FF5, but I have in other FFs. I'm not even sure if it is 1 enemy do you get a single return hit capped at 9999 or 4 different reflects :)

Since in number of occasions you guys suggested using magical attacks (summon-Bahamut or magic-Fire3), I'm curious why nobody suggested THE strongest magical attack in FF5 - Holy? :D

P.S. samurai goroh, how you embed your youtube videos? I like the way you do embed them in the post rather sharing a link :)

samurai goroh

• FF5 Hacker
    • View Profile
    • My page
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 04:31:10 PM »
There's a Youtube tag just below changing color, then just use the short URL and you're ready to go.

Here's an example of the last video, just using the code tag so you can see the text w/o converting it into the embedded video:
Code: [Select]
[youtube]https://youtu.be/WbEWSkJEt88[/youtube]You could just copy this and just change the ID whenever you want to embed a video here
I'm the best in the universe! Just remember! [F-zero X]

Squall

• Cagnazzo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 05:50:28 AM »
Thank you very much, samurai goroh!!!
I can't believe it was here, right in front of my eyes and I didn't see it :(
Well tbh I can. We have saying: the best place to hide something is to put it on a visible place  :laugh:
This just proof the concept :D