Author Topic: Life is Strange  (Read 174 times)

Squall

• Cagnazzo
    • View Profile
Life is Strange
« on: June 26, 2017, 05:12:07 AM »
I don't know how may of you play other titles of Square or at least other then jRPG, but recently I stumbled upon this GEM.
Its been years since I last played adventure games (my first love). I have stopped because many of the post Point&Click adventures missed the mark - the balance between puzzle solving and story telling.

Anyway "Life is Strange" is more like visual novel, but not as Tale Tales ones where your interaction and action mean almost nothing (so you have a feeling you watch a movie, not playing a game). Here every action have a consequence. Also the game has great balance between video and user input is so great balanced, that in the end you feel like smooth watching a video, yet the satisfaction of played a video game.

This year we can expect 2 new titles around Life is Strange - a sequel and a prequel :)

P.S. If you have played the game, please share your experience. Also if you hadn't you can get Episode 1 for free, but be warned - you will want more :D

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
Re: Life is Strange
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 09:28:18 AM »
Hence the name of this topic, Life is definitely strange.

TheNattak

• Garula
  • Mike
    • View Profile
    • Return of the Dark Sorcerer
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 01:19:36 AM »
I played the first episode, as it was a demo a while back, and thought it came off a little campy/cheesy, but I definitely want to play the whole thing someday still. That crazy tornado/weather thing going on was pretty epic-looking, that's for sure.

Squall

• Cagnazzo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:08:11 AM »
I played the first episode, as it was a demo a while back, and thought it came off a little campy/cheesy, but I definitely want to play the whole thing someday still. That crazy tornado/weather thing going on was pretty epic-looking, that's for sure

Haha yeah the game starts very relaxing, at slow paste ... but later ... OMG (no spoilers) :D
I encourage you to play the whole story and if what you played was demo, start from beginning, the full episode 1 is free anyway :)