Author Topic: FF2US 1.0 -- Petrified Alive Monsters  (Read 193 times)

riversmccown

• Mist Dragon
    • View Profile
FF2US 1.0 -- Petrified Alive Monsters
« on: June 20, 2017, 08:06:58 AM »
Glitch I found while playing with the Unprecedented Crisis hack and that ported over when I looked on FF2US ... possible it works on the other SNES games as well. This came from playing around with Kary/Warlock fights on the first two floors in the subterrain.

If you charm Kary, it will start spamming Hug (Petrify) randomly. If you have Ribbons and can survive the spamming, Hug will target other monsters. But ... if you happen to target and toss Remedy on a monster as it is petrifying, weird things start to happen.

The monster will be alive. You will start seeing it run it's regular script (now uncharmed), which in Kary's case means a lot of attacks coming from nowhere. If you happen to have Warlock charmed too, Warlock can target the Kary with Bio. However, nobody in your party can target the monster normally. Dark Wave worked (in the hack, which is why DK Cecil is here), but nothing else seemed to do any damage.

Yet if you defeat all monsters still on the screen, the battle will end as if the petrified monster is still dead.

Stumbled upon this while testing some speedrun theories and it's not really useful in any way to me, but figured someone else could have some fun with it.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
Re: FF2US 1.0 -- Petrified Alive Monsters
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 12:40:11 AM »
This is a known bug in FF6 as well. Most notably, it can appear if a monster is hit with X-Zone, and brought back to life. One of the three stooges in Cyan's dream sequence can also resurrect a fallen comrade, but won't reappear as well. In both cases, a multi-targeting fight command along with a weapon like the Zantetsuken (Scimitar) will finish them off and let the battle end. I want to say there's a Zombie application as well, but I forget the circumstances behind it.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

riversmccown

• Mist Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: FF2US 1.0 -- Petrified Alive Monsters
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 08:55:43 AM »
That's neat about 6.

I made a highlight of this here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/155017207