Author Topic: FF1:DoS Projects  (Read 828 times)

Kea

• Vargas
    • View Profile
Re: FF1:DoS Projects
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2017, 04:46:05 PM »
Still plugging away at my main project. Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on the Sea Shrine, which involved lots of changes to the map layouts and map features data, and even the addition of two new map palettes: as in the NES version, the Shrine gets darker the lower you descend. It's a nice touch that was left out of the remakes.

While adding a second exit warp to the bottom floor of the Sea Shrine, I also discovered a weird edge case with how sprites are handled: apparently, only the first two 0000 sprites on a map can be walked through, and any more have collision. That's a little odd, but there are other ways to indicate a warp tile so I'll put that issue on the backburner.

I may put together a quick readme and release a demo here. So far, all the testing has been done by myself, and while that's alright for technical issues there's bound to be problems with balance that I haven't considered or have become inured to. Having a fresh perspective on things like the overall difficulty, encounter rate, magic selection and classes would be helpful in general too. This demo would go up to the Sunken Shrine and Waterfall, leaving just the Wind Crystal dungeons and the final dungeon to go. Anybody here interested in giving it a try?