Author Topic: New patch: Caravaggio Bug fix  (Read 91 times)

13375K31C43R

• Byblos
    • View Profile
    • Leet Sketcher's Final Fantasy III Patches
New patch: Caravaggio Bug fix
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:06:06 PM »
Hi! This bug was reported to me by Gi Nattak: it is possible to cast Roulette via the Rage and Sketch commands (e.g. Veteran), but casting it this way means that only the enemies are valid targets, and instead of giving you the finger it just picks a target. This patch puts Roulette, as cast via Sketch or Rage, more in line with the actual spell by making it mimic the enemy version of the spell, which adds a rotating finger as part of the casting animation (in contrast with the Lore, which has it as part of the selection of the spell itself).

A few things to note: I wasn't entirely sure at first that this really qualified as a bug, but what had me convinced was that only enemies are valid targets. Also, I was careful to ensure that there was no loss of compatibility with Mimic.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Gildor from The Lord of the Rings

Chronosplit

• Ymir
    • View Profile
Re: New patch: Caravaggio Bug fix
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »
Nice catch.  I always thought Roulette was weird in a rage, but I used it so little through it that it never occurred to me that it would be a bug.

instead of giving you the finger it just picks a target
Petition to name this patch Rude Roulette or something similar.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:24:37 PM by Chronosplit »