Author Topic: RHDN Currently Down  (Read 1203 times)

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
Re: RHDN Currently Down
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 11:21:35 AM »
We should offer cable internet to him. That way, he'll bring back Romhacking.net as soon as possible. Romhacking.net will also have a new design. If you're asking that Nightcrawler has a DSL connection or upload with hoster at low speed, you're probably right.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:55:14 PM by thepatirckinator »

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 01:32:58 PM »
Yeowch. My best friend has DSL (I believe, anyway) and at times his speeds drop so low that I start feeling thankful that I'm using AOL in 2017. :wtf:
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

Kea

• Vargas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 07:06:35 PM »
RHDN forums are back up! The rest of the site is still out of sorts to varying degrees, but that shouldn't last long.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 08:28:02 PM »
Nightcrawler can't have cable internet where he lives, much in the same way I can't. Cable providers don't consider it a worthwhile investment, and the government isn't stepping in to say "yeah, you need to do that." There is nothing he can do about it.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Madsiur

• Magissa & Forza
  • FF6AE coder
    • View Profile
    • Madsiur's Lair
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 09:13:44 PM »
Nightcrawler can't have cable internet where he lives, much in the same way I can't. Cable providers don't consider it a worthwhile investment, and the government isn't stepping in to say "yeah, you need to do that." There is nothing he can do about it.

Country area here (90% of territory) have the same problem, hence the decision to push providers to invest in infrastructures in remote areas.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 09:53:28 PM »
It's up again! This could be goodbye to this topic.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:01:59 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 08:03:54 PM »
I guess this is goodbye to topic.

Chronosplit

• Karlabos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »
RHDN forums were down for a little bit to remove Site Discussion, themes, and General Discussion for all but Patreon subscribers.  The forum sections were barred for 2-3 days.

I'm honestly not really sure what course of action I should take here.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:57:39 PM by Chronosplit »

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 02:41:27 PM »
I wonder how many people will actually pay for, essentially, the three least useful parts of that entire forum?

Minus Site Discussion - which is monstrously ass backwards that THAT is blocked off.

LMFAO wait does that mean the mods now have to pay just to troll moderate those two blocked off forums? From the responses on Twitter the mods were left in the dark about all of this when this first went down.

Though not gonna lie, the fact you actually now have to PAY to use a section of that site's forum where the threads are regularly locked, silently poofed, or thought patrolled on a regular basis - is so ironic I might just die from laughing.   :happy:

For a good while I used to frequent RHDN, BHDN, and Slick pretty evenly. In fact, now that my internet is not complete shit atm I might frequent BHDN and here again.

After awhile, RHDN started reminding me of a liberal arts college - I watched them pretend a minor back-n-forth pretend three to five people about BHDN was a million times more extreme than it really was, banned the majority of people that frequent that site, removed all of their hacks, lied about the reason why, and then threatened to ban anyone who bothered to bring it up.

I was threatened with a ban like two separate times after that debacle - one of those times I wasn't even the person they were meant to go after. And the other time they "assumed" I was bringing it up when I publicly asked if a couple replies in the general discussion forum had poofed.

RHDN's a good database for hacks, and the Project/Hacking Discussion forums are nice now and then, but the atmosphere's turned to shit over the past 2 years I've been going over there.  They're basically turning into what they pretend BHDN is when it comes to the mood and their attitudes.

Ever see the post I made about being banned over ice cream? I wasn't kidding - I'd probably get IP banned for posting a picture of a tub of Briar's at this point, as obnoxiously uptight as they get about it.

Moral of the story: If you want to have a chill discussion about random things, stick to Slick or BHDN where you don't have to go over a paywall just to see half of your discussions/threads silently removed like it's Soviet Russia.  :banonsmash:

:edit:

Apparently someone wrote a little article/blog post about all this.

http://tilde.town/~xkeeper/#rhdn
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:19:41 PM by Bahamut ZERO »
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 07:03:11 PM »
Welp, 4chan made a copypasta out this whole fiasco.

Nightcrawler's basically become a meme, more or less, and it's funny as hell.

What is your obsession with pedos? Most of my site is LGBTQ++++ and furries, so yes - I Nightcrawler am a brony.

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/135743192/

Chronosplit

• Karlabos
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 10:59:44 PM »
Holy hell, I never thought this whole thing would reach /pol/.  Makes me wonder just how big this fiasco exploded.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:08:19 PM by Chronosplit »

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 11:25:25 AM »
I would like to point out, Bahamut, that I don't want to see anything from BHDN spill on over to here. Cause then you'd draw my ire, and I don't think we want that to happen.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 05:25:17 PM »
I would like to point out, Bahamut, that I don't want to see anything from BHDN spill on over to here. Cause then you'd draw my ire, and I don't think we want that to happen.

No worries. I go there and here for the laid back and friendly atmospheres, not to stir pots. Everything's got it's place and it'll stay that way.

Thank for you for the kind heads up though. And I don't mean that as sarcasm, either - it's genuinely a relief to  get a heads up, rather than some of the out-of-nowhere, Godfather-sounding PM's I've gotten on RHDN about little to nothing.

Holy hell, I never thought this whole thing would reach /pol/.  Makes me wonder just how big this fiasco exploded.

Yeah, I noticed the odd goings on there kind of exploded in escalation after Mr.Richard got reamed for submitting the "CNN Sucks" hack.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure 4chan members made that hack to begin with. I mean, that could explain why a copypasta of a random owner of a random rom hacking now exists.

Chronosplit

• Karlabos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 10:32:28 PM »
Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure 4chan members made that hack to begin with. I mean, that could explain why a copypasta of a random owner of a random rom hacking now exists.
IIRC in the original database page "4Chan" was listed as the author.  Doing it for shits and giggles has happened before.

Rodimus Primal

• Siren
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 10:44:01 AM »
Man this stinks. It's literally shutting out way too many features. The main page doesn't even fully load. Locking out the forums is a bad move IMO. I wouldn't be suprised if this site or another similar place took over as the ROM hacking central site.