Author Topic: RHDN Currently Down  (Read 497 times)

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
RHDN Currently Down
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:13:21 PM »
Day 3 and counting.
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
Re: RHDN Currently Down
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:10:13 PM »
Yeah, I know. This happened last year, too, though I forget why the downtime happened. A few of us suspect it has to do with the blizzard that recently hit the northeast, at least to a certain degree. Other sites have been affected.

On a side note, there is a rogue twitter account, which isn't affiliated with RHDN in the slightest, stating that Nightcrawler shut the site down. Do not believe this. RHDN does not have any twitter account, official or unofficial.

Hopefully the downtime is resolved shortly.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Rodimus Primal

• Siren
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »
Crazy. Any idea what happened? I figured it was where the hosts are but I'm not sure.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:15:36 PM »
At the moment, nobody is really sure. Much of the mid-east (in the states) had been without power for about a week, which could be a factor. I don't recall where RHDN host resides, but any kind of natural disaster is going to have an impact.

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 06:05:04 PM »
Ahh okay, thanks for the heads up on that Lenophis. I was trying to scour for info on why it was down earlier today, and the only thing I could fine was some bs article about Nintendo shutting them down or something.
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »
If the site was shut down, as is claimed, there would be some kind of info being displayed saying as such. It not loading just means the site is down. Human error? Technical error? At the moment, nobody is sure.

Kea

• Siren
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »
The host being down seems the likeliest problem, the past few days have seen some hellacious snowstorms up and down the east coast.

It's a bother, but in the meantime I can just compile my FF1 notes locally and wait for Data Crystal to come back up.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 08:17:33 PM »
From the man himself.

Rodimus Primal

• Siren
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 09:25:45 PM »
The host being down seems the likeliest problem, the past few days have seen some hellacious snowstorms up and down the east coast.

It's a bother, but in the meantime I can just compile my FF1 notes locally and wait for Data Crystal to come back up.

I don't doubt it. Where I live on the East Coast, they first said we were going to get 8-12" of snow while a little north of us was going to get 18-24". Sure enough, north of us did but all we got was rain.

From the man himself.

That's crazy.

Also, right now if you go the page you get this:
"The patient is alive, however RHDN will remain in the ICU for awhile and cannot accept any visitors."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:56:40 PM by Rodimus Primal »

thepatirckinator

• Antlion
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 09:26:29 AM »
It seems that Romhacking.net is not available at this time. Nightcrawler is redoing the site from the ground up so it'll be back.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 02:01:02 PM by thepatirckinator »

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »
The shutting down part was not his decision. The whole thing crashed and needs to rebuilt from scratch. Patience is all we can have right now

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »
Something I found funny (from an aritcle on the site gamingreinvented):

The fake ?legal threats? posts on the other hand are (apparently) by trolls from another popular ROM hacking website. One that?s on bad terms with the ROM Hacking.net community and wants to make the situation look as hopeless as possible. It?s like the whole Jason Allen thing we had going on a while back. Except you know, with the affected fan game host being a fake rather than the ?lawyer?.

:laugh:

Apparently, they're assuming BHDN's the ones spreading the legal threats rumors because of the drama/ban/hack purge fiasco a few months back, which as someone who goes on their forum on a regular basis I can say with 100% certainty that that is complete BS. They've been in the dark about what's been going on the past couple days like the rest of us have been.

Lol basically some people are trying to turn this whole server-down issue into the Trump/Russia conspiracy of the romhacking world. It's kind of funny, but mildly retarded.

Anyhoo, I'm just glad Slick and BHDN are the main forums I come to. Even though I haven't done much in terms of FF4 hacking lately, anytime Slick has a period of downtime, it's like my favorite uncle's in the hospital; and both forums just have a much more relaxed, helpful, friendlier atmosphere in my personal experiences compared to RHDN in the past half a year or so.

:cycle:

Spooniest

• Guard Leader
  • Coffee Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 06:30:16 PM »
 :hmm:

What a pisser.

...Server rebuild eh? Perhaps the archive is getting too large to maintain as currently stands, and needed a rebuilt server thingy? ...Crashed the site, eh? :) Nightcrawler must feel like he's on that episode of I Love Lucy where she and Ethel go to work at a pastry factory

lol

Hope it's back up soon, Ripping Hacks Directly Nailed 4 lyfe
DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?

thepatirckinator

• Antlion
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 11:13:24 PM »
At least we have this site until Romhacking.net is back. Sorry that Romhacking.net had to crash.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:06:24 AM by thepatirckinator »

Madsiur

• Magissa & Forza
  • FF6AE coder
    • View Profile
    • Madsiur's Lair
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 10:54:02 AM »
I think we should chip in to offer Nightcrawler cable internet. Here the CRTC (Canadian FCC) stated and voted last month that high speed internet availability is a right, considered on the same level as an example as access to public services or electricity.

Edit: Re-reading, not sure if he means he has a DSL connection or upload with hoster is low speed...  :hmm: