Author Topic: A big announcement!  (Read 1900 times)

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
A big announcement!
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:31:57 PM »
Honestly, I should have done this a year ago, but for some reason I didn't think about it until just recently. It is time to take the bull by the horns and drive it home. Put your best foot forward. Bringing it new life. Other such verbose descriptions.

The site now has a Discord server! What's Discord? Take everything good about Skype, IRC, instant messaging, and put it all together. That's Discord.

More to come. :omg:

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Imzogelmo

• Ogopogo Aficianado
  • Ask me about my other job.
    • View Profile
    • NEPROMR
Re: A big announcement!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »
What's Discord, and can I use it from my laptop? Particularly when my laptop has no internet service, and the power cord doesn't work, and the battery needs replacing?
5/31/16 - I have an assembly of the battle portion of C2, relocated to the F0 bank, which has both vanilla and patch code in my dropbox. I'll be updating it with additional patches as I have time. I will *not* be releasing it publicly, but ask me for the link and I'll share.

Dryst728

• Mist Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 05:07:45 PM »
You can use it from your phone I think.

Imzogelmo

• Ogopogo Aficianado
  • Ask me about my other job.
    • View Profile
    • NEPROMR
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »
That would be awesome, since it's a flip phone with no memory card and I generally leave it on silent.  :whoa:
5/31/16 - I have an assembly of the battle portion of C2, relocated to the F0 bank, which has both vanilla and patch code in my dropbox. I'll be updating it with additional patches as I have time. I will *not* be releasing it publicly, but ask me for the link and I'll share.

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 10:13:56 PM »
So with this chat room does that mean the site is dead?  :(

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »
No, not at all. That would mean shutting doors, and I have no intention of doing that.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 10:21:36 AM »
No, not at all. That would mean shutting doors, and I have no intention of doing that.

Ok good.  :)

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »
It seems you are not retired from doing romhacks just Final Fantasy IV ones. :cybez:

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 02:19:45 PM »
It seems you are not retired from doing romhacks just Final Fantasy IV ones. :cybez:

Yea, probably not going back in to Final Fantasy IV for a while.  But who knows...

thepatirckinator

• Magissa & Forza
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 06:55:40 AM »
It may happen someday. For example, the Ancient Cave hack for Final Fantasy IV. Similar to a side quest in the game Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, the patch implements the feature of the mentioned game implemented to Final Fantasy IV. If that patch was made for that game, it would work for the USA Rom of Final Fantasy II on the SNES and the Playable Golbez Edition patch by fedorajoe.
Unlike the Final Fantasy V: The Ancient Cave romhack where they have to lose everything at level 1, their armor, skill, magic, and summoned monsters they learned in the main game is kept intact including items you've had in the main game. In other words, you don't lose everything other than level stats. Their MP is kept intact but whatever MP they have does not increase until they reach that level and they don't gain MP if it's already at 999. Even though you have to reset at Level 1, you don't lose a lot of stuff.
This is to not only balance out the game, but to prepare for the most difficult fights ahead.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:46:46 PM by thepatirckinator »

Squall

• Cagnazzo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 06:10:46 AM »

Yea, probably not going back in to Final Fantasy IV for a while.  But who knows...
So what is your game now, JCE3000GT?