Author Topic: Question about battle sprites  (Read 1971 times)

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
Re: Question about battle sprites
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 08:25:53 PM »
If fedorajoe wants the complete SNES Battle sprites for Golbez, here they are! I've made a new get damaged sprite and victory pose for Golbez.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 02:05:51 PM »
The struck pose goes like this:

OO
OO
XO

You can take Paladin Cecil's Victory/Struck Poses and edit them into Golbez poses. As it seems, Golbez's battle sprites mostly use a lot of Dark Night Cecil battle sprites so using that palette as a reference will make editing new battle Golbez sprites for Golbez easier.

Fedorajoe, there's a new program called png2snes where it converts Color-Indexed PNG files to the graphics format used by the SNES. It can generate binary files or text files that can be linked with WLA-DX.

I have a new struck sprite for Golbez. It uses the Tellah Block with Paladin Cecil Block, and Dark Knight Cecil Struck sprite combined but edited to look like Golbez.

Here are the two sprites I've worked on for Golbez during my free time and I hope they work.

Also, you can bring back the get damaged sprite for Edge which will be used only during the Edge vs. Rubicante cutscene in Final Fantasy IV: Playable Golbez Edition.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:01:53 PM by thepatirckinator »

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 01:05:13 PM »
I've made the SNES Version of Dream Golbez using Microsoft Paint ripping off sprites from the Golbez Hack by Paladin of Final Fantasy IV with Fedorajoe's Playable Golbez Edition patch. The sprites I've done mimic the Wii/Mobile Phone and PSP versions of Dream Golbez's battle sprites with Darkwave/Pressure sprite as a new bonus to show Golbez's signature ability in the flashback were Golbez was bullying the heroes for their vain attempts to put him down before using Pressure and then trying to kill them one by one before being foiled by Rydia who's an adult by the time she saves Cecil.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 05:55:52 AM »
If you guys want to help fedorajoe with the new battle sprites, Golbez's new Victory/Struck pose will have to be edited from Dark Knight Cecil's Victory/Struck pose. This is a reference to Dream Golbez battle sprites in the After Years which mostly use a lot of Dark Night Cecil battle sprites and that was used as a reference to make battle sprites for Golbez. If you guys can edit the Victory/Stuck pose for Golbez using the Dark Knight Victory/Struck pose as a base I sent you from the png, give me the png file of the SNES Golbez Victory/Struck pose when you are done. That is what Fedorajoe will need to finish the correct battle sprites for Golbez. I forgot to mention that you'll need the SNES Tellah Block Sprite as a reference too.

thepatirckinator

• Mom Bomb
  • God bless you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 10:29:20 PM »
I've discovered that, Golbez's new SNES victory pose will use Golbez's standard pose with Paladin Cecil's Victory pose and Kain's Victory Pose. That is how fedorajoe will make the new victory pose for Golbez.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:09:32 PM by thepatirckinator »