Author Topic: C. V. Bug-Fix Comp and C. V. Script Fix  (Read 13320 times)

Chronosplit

• Guard Leader
    • View Profile
Re: C. V. Bug-Fix Comp and C. V. Script Fix
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2018, 10:50:09 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to mention this as the subject was brought up earlier.  It's a handy dandy patch that combines all the graphical uncensoring in one pack: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3813/

It works great with everything, but you need to apply CV's patch first and then anti-petty second (I've attached a headered version below for every user's pleasure) as this uses Pub signs.  I've already noted vivify about it.  The only thing left is text which can be accessed via FF3USME (I'd do it, but I'm occupied with Chrono Trigger and the Wineskin issue with FF3USME still persists with it's latest Wine engines/Winetricks. :isuck:).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:15:05 PM by Chronosplit »

C. V. Reynolds

• Tunnel Armor
  • Dog controls your destiny. Grrr!
    • View Profile
    • cvreynolds.net
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2018, 02:55:10 AM »
Hoi. :3

FINALLY the site is back and so am I. :childish: It's been weeks since I've been able to get in.

Updated:

Dead in the Air (Leet Sketcher) (version 2.4)
Soul Saved (Leet Sketcher) (version 1.4)
Stone Cold (Leet Sketcher) (version 1.2) (appropriate compatibility patches used, too)

lilpuddy: The script patch is only to fix what are indisputably errors in the LOCALIZED script. I left the localization intent intact, complete with censorship. That's why I left Vicks instead of Biggs. Vicks isn't really a mistake any more than changing Cait Sith to Stray is.

Quick story behind the name Vicks: In Japanese the name is actually written as Bicks or Bikks (literally Bikkusu in romaji) or... Vicks. Not Biggs, contrary to popular belief. Vicks is a completely acceptable translation, leaving aside intent. Was it intended to be Biggs? Yeah. It goes with Wedge, also a Star Wars reference. Then Biggs is used again in Chrono Trigger. Nevertheless, can't blame Woolsey for going with Vicks when it's actually (basically) what is written. They weren't worried about getting in trouble, though. Biggs, Wedge, and Piett (a THIRD Star Wars reference) appear together in Chrono Trigger even in the western localization.
I'm the former Hollywood Narrator from GameFAQs.

I'm a published novelist! My novels "Universe Eleven Series - Blue Ruin" Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 are for sale on Amazon (check my website) in print and ebook formats!

Chronosplit

• Guard Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2018, 09:59:00 AM »
Piett

Neat, I didn't know about this.  Guess I need to make an edit myself to CT.

13375K31C43R

• Sand Worm
    • View Profile
    • Leet Sketcher's Final Fantasy III Patches
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2018, 10:51:23 AM »
Quick story behind the name Vicks: In Japanese the name is actually written as Bicks or Bikks (literally Bikkusu in romaji) or... Vicks. Not Biggs, contrary to popular belief. Vicks is a completely acceptable translation, leaving aside intent. Was it intended to be Biggs? Yeah. It goes with Wedge, also a Star Wars reference. Then Biggs is used again in Chrono Trigger. Nevertheless, can't blame Woolsey for going with Vicks when it's actually (basically) what is written. They weren't worried about getting in trouble, though. Biggs, Wedge, and Piett (a THIRD Star Wars reference) appear together in Chrono Trigger even in the western localization.

The names "Biggs" (sic) and "Wedge" were used again in Final Fantasy VII and VIII also.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Gildor from The Lord of the Rings

jonasan-san

• Mist Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2018, 07:02:38 AM »
I tried the latest Bug-Fix Comp, Unheadered & Headered versions just to make sure, and both seems to crash at the opening battle in Narshe after the intro when the ATB gauge of every characters becomes almost full. 

Can anyone else confirm this?  Cheers!

lilpuddy31

• Mist Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2018, 10:13:42 AM »
I tried the latest Bug-Fix Comp, Unheadered & Headered versions just to make sure, and both seems to crash at the opening battle in Narshe after the intro when the ATB gauge of every characters becomes almost full. 

Can anyone else confirm this?  Cheers!

I can confirm this

C. V. Reynolds

• Tunnel Armor
    • View Profile
    • cvreynolds.net
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2018, 03:47:27 PM »
Added: The Leet Sketcher versions of Carve Stone and Invert Damage if Undead. Yeah, I accidentally overwrote them before because of a naming gaffe. Completely my fault. Both are fixed now.

But news of this crash is bad. I'll diagnose it. Hopefully it won't be too serious. :S

EDIT: Found it fast. It's the newest version of Stone Cold, by Leet. It crashes the game even if no other patches are used.

EDIT 2: I removed Stone Cold and its addendum patches as a temporary measure. The comp should be good to use again. Thanks for the discovery and verifying, everyone.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:11:10 PM by C. V. Reynolds »

I'm a published novelist! My novels "Universe Eleven Series - Blue Ruin" Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 are for sale on Amazon (check my website) in print and ebook formats!

lilpuddy31

• Mist Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Yesterday at 08:58:12 AM »
Hey CV, I just paid a visit to Leet?s page that has his ff3 bugfix patches, noticed that he just updated Stone Cold, as well as quite a few other patches in the last month or so.  Just a heads up

Edit: and I just noticed that he posted them here in the forums as well lol

C. V. Reynolds

• Tunnel Armor
    • View Profile
    • cvreynolds.net
« Reply #173 on: Yesterday at 09:49:23 AM »
HOI. :3 Seevee gota pay for colleg. :(

Added (again):

Stone Cold (Leet Sketcher) (version 1.3 now)
Addendum patches for Stone Cold (Invert Damage if Undead and Carve Stone)

Thanks much for all the helps. And no worries about me missing updates. I visit Leet Sketcher's site every DAY like a proper creepy person should. :laugh:

13375K31C43R

• Sand Worm
    • View Profile
    • Leet Sketcher's Final Fantasy III Patches
« Reply #174 on: Today at 12:43:12 AM »
Hey CV, I just paid a visit to Leet?s page that has his ff3 bugfix patches, noticed that he just updated Stone Cold, as well as quite a few other patches in the last month or so.  Just a heads up

Edit: and I just noticed that he posted them here in the forums as well lol

Those updates over the last couple of months were (almost) all ports of my patches to the GBA version of the game. In most cases the SNES patches went untouched, so CV didn't have to update them in his comp.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Gildor from The Lord of the Rings