Author Topic: Single status immunity blocks Breath?!  (Read 1955 times)

Grimoire LD

• FF4 Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Single status immunity blocks Breath?!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 04:12:35 PM »
Hmm, this means that there must be JAL or a branch in the original assembly that cancels out the animation code. I wonder which it could be. As I recall the Status Routine wasn't exactly straightforward.

chillyfeez

• FF4 Hacker
  • Go ahead, ask me about Angel Feathers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 07:44:55 PM »
I think there's something about spell animations that makes them not play if the hit is not successful. In my Mist Dragon battle in TfW, once she becomes immune to magic, the spell animations stop showing.

Deathlike2

• I'm looking at you, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 01:59:54 AM »
I think there's something about spell animations that makes them not play if the hit is not successful. In my Mist Dragon battle in TfW, once she becomes immune to magic, the spell animations stop showing.

That's pretty much the case. I don't think any monster normally sets their magic evasion to 255 though as most of the time they use the routine like the Mist Dragon (mist form) or the Golbez fight (in the Dwarf Castle) or even the Zeromus battle (Cecil must use Crystal phase).

The more amusing way to look at it is see how monsters use "beneficial" magic on you, like whatever you Reflect off Asura or the EvilMask trying to give everyone Reflect status (or even Rubicant trying to use Life1 on the party when you attack him with Fire magic).

Although, you still get the free healing from the confused Kary monsters as long as you have petrification protection while missing the visual.
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack Download Latest: v1.48

Video Demos: #1 #2 #3