Author Topic: FF6 - Magicite item RNG  (Read 1150 times)

Leviathan Mist

• Schizophrenic Madman
  • Game over.
    • View Profile
    • Retro Gaming Central
FF6 - Magicite item RNG
« on: December 24, 2014, 03:47:27 PM »
I'm just curious if the RNG for the Magicite item is predictable, or can be controlled in a non-TAS manner. I'm testing out some new LLG/experience-burning strats and would like to raise my chance of the Magicite item casting Palidor by knowing the RNG. Is this even feasible?

EDIT: The strategy that will be used involves poisoning all enemies, muddling a character about to use the Magicite item, hoping Magicite randomly chooses Palidor, and sending all enemies up into the air to be killed by poison - thus eliminating the experience gain from them. I'm attempting to use this for the Mag Roader battles, and for potential inescapable battles on the Floating Continent.

assassin

• Bane of Retards
  • space bears are not gentle!
    • View Profile
    • My Barren Webpage
Re: FF6 - Magicite item RNG
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 10:59:48 PM »
i doubt it.  it uses the Bank C2 RNG, whose table index isn't incremented only by RNG calls, but also by C2/0019 on very regular increments (if not every frame, then still many times a second).

then again, the battle RNG has still been known to fall into "ruts".  see the old Mnrogar's posts where they were fighting Storm Drgn on a certain Battle Speed.

Leviathan Mist

• Schizophrenic Madman
  • Game over.
    • View Profile
    • Retro Gaming Central
Re: FF6 - Magicite item RNG
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 05:14:44 PM »
Alright, thanks for the info. I guess my goal of eliminating all forced exp won't come to fruition, but maybe I can still work it so that I gain no forced levels aside from through level-averaging. I'll be doing some testing on this over the next week.