Author Topic: A call for help  (Read 7105 times)

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
A call for help
« on: July 13, 2013, 07:11:23 AM »
As some of you that visit may have guessed, not a lot has been getting done around here. Truth is, real life has taken its toll. My time has been eaten up by work, and what little time I do have off, I have no motivation to do anything here. I don't expect anyone to forgive me for that, and truthfully speaking, you shouldn't. I also know that I should've done this a long time ago, but I never did, thinking I would be able to get more time to get stuff done.

So what am I looking for? To be blunt, grunt work. I need someone (or multiple people) to take care of the submissions that get sent in. Sadly, the system behind it is kind of...old, but that makes it relatively easy to manage. Unfortunately, it probably eats up more time than it should. If progress demands it, the system core of this site can be updated, though I'll have to explore my options of what we update it to.

I probably forgot to mention something, so if there are any questions, feel free to ask.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Leviathan Mist

• Schizophrenic Madman
  • Game over.
    • View Profile
    • Retro Gaming Central
Re: A call for help
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 07:33:04 AM »
eh, I may be able to help you, not like I have anything better to do right now

General Public

• FF5 Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:12:20 AM »
Ah, it's good to know that my submission (the FF5 mute graphics finally being in English instead of Japanese) didn't vanish and that somebody will eventually process it. I'm also sort of lazy (for instance my personal website's hosting provider went offline 2 or 3 years ago and since then I've done NOTHING about it so my website is still offline, and as another example, I haven't checked my email in years, and although I am on Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace, I have pretty much zero activity on any of those sites and never use any of them anymore). So I wouldn't recommend myself for this job, if I volunteered for it I'd probably do a good job at it for a few months, but you'd just be in store for a letdown after I lose interest after a few months and then you'd have to find someone else. Anyway, I understand your lack of motivation completely, I have the same exact problem myself, I'm certainly willing to forgive you for that because I'm exactly the same (probably even worse, since I have HUGE amounts of free time, and am just too lazy to do anything productive with it). I mean, yes, I did manage to produce a patch for the one part of Final Fantasy 5 for Super Famicom that RPGe never translated, namely the Mute graphics, but that was just because I personally got annoyed with seeing large Japanese symbols on the screen whenever my characters used the Mage Masher daggers as their weapons, during a period when I was spending loads of time re-playing Final Fantasy 5 (for some reason, that game never gets old, at least not for me). Right now I'm taking a break from Final Fantasy 5, since there's an item I forgot to steal from one of the types of enemies in Exdeath's Castle in World 2, and I'm getting annoyed with having to go back to World 2 again and then having to replay all the progress I made in World 3... at this rate I'll NEVER get to the Cleft of Dimension in my current playthrough, because of my silly obsession of having a perfect game and having as many of every item as possible (although I do use a certain trick to steal 99 items at once, making it a bit easier). My obsession with having a perfect game causes even more problems in Final Fantasy 6, since in that one I also have to fight every possible enemy formation at least once so that they all appear on the Veldt for Gau to get his rages. Anyway, as you can see, I'm more focused on that sort of thing than on other stuff, so I'm probably not the right person to help out with this, although I do think my video game obsession may come in handy and allow me to produce more patches and hacks. I've also developed a super-expansive .CHT file full of Pro Action Replay codes for Chrono Trigger, that is so long that it crashes Snes9x and only works with ZSNES (apparently Snes9x can't process .CHT files larger than a certain size). It maxes out all the stats for all 7 characters as well as doing a few other things (maximum Silver Points, maximum cats and cat food, Pyozo dolls for everyone, auto-revive status for everyone, having 99 of whatever is in the first item slot, having different level-changing codes for Crono so you can fight each version of Spekkio, etc.) That comes out to like, over 100 PAR codes all in one file, I don't even know how many, a huge number, it crashes Snes9x to have so many but ZSNES is fine with it. So yeah, I'd suggest someone else besides me for this job, I tend to become completely obsessed with one thing at a time and lose interest in everything else, but it's always temporary and then after a few months my obsessive interest shifts to something totally different and I forget about the previous thing I used to be obsessed with and spend all my time on.

Jorgur

• FF5 R&D Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:22:08 PM »
I'd be glad to help out! I have plenty of time, so that's not a problem. :happy:

ClockworkBastard

• Wing Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
Ok, looks like the submissions in not daily... weekly or even monthly. Think I could handle it... So I can add my bloody submission one and a half year old!

PS When I uploaded it I checked time after time and when got anxious of not happening anything — I told myself that would no tag a single tune before it got published.. Now it took way too long LOL

Winged Cat

• Mist Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 04:33:09 AM »
NSFE making is still alive, join the discussion here - http://theshizz.org/forum/index.php/topic/24425-nsfe-collection/ and pay attention to the first post.