Author Topic: FF5 Mute English Graphics Patch v1.0  (Read 5817 times)

General Public

• FF5 Hacker
    • View Profile
FF5 Mute English Graphics Patch v1.0
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:13:39 AM »
The original graphics for the Mute spell in Final Fantasy 5 are in Japanese. These graphics are 48x48 pixels and were never translated by RPGe Translations for their patch. Now, finally, I have translated the Mute graphics into English, and when you cast the Mute spell, you will see the word "MUTE" in the graphics, in English! Also includes an anti-patch to remove the patch. Oldff5mute.png (inside the archive) is the "before" picture, and Newff5mute.png (also inside the archive) is the "after" picture, for this graphic. It includes a verbose readme file full of all relevant information, and plenty of other information too. Please include all 5 files in the download (the patch, the anti-patch, the before and after PNG images, and the readme file). Thank you for your consideration.

- General Public

:edit:

Text to display in the description on the download page (a bit shorter than what I wrote above):

The original graphics for the Mute spell in Final Fantasy 5 are in Japanese. These graphics are 48x48 pixels and were never translated by RPGe Translations for their patch. Now, finally, I have translated the Mute graphics into English, and when you cast the Mute spell, you will see the word "MUTE" in the graphics, in English! Also includes an anti-patch to remove the patch.

How to credit me:

General Public (it's a username I use on a lot of websites, obviously not my real name)

URL to use for my website:

Currently my website isn't working and I'm between web-hosts, so I don't have one at the moment. So linking to my profile on these forums, have that be my homepage for now, at this URL, in case anyone who downloads the patch wants to contact me they can do it here (I think this is the correct URL for my profile here):

http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=261

I might have a working URL for my website later but it's not up right now.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:49:18 PM by General Public »

Digitsie

• Mom Bomb
    • View Profile
Re: FF5 Mute English Graphics Patch v1.0
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 03:21:06 PM »
This patch doesn't seem to have been put up on the site... did it ever make it out?

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 05:34:51 PM »
Several things submitted from this year and last haven't been put up yet. That's 100% on me. Had a lot going on where I haven't had time to do things here, or I've been too burnt out from other things to really care.

That said, I have a plan to help alleviate the downturn. The wiki is part of that plan.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Digitsie

• Mom Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 08:44:43 PM »
Well good luck with that! I was rumbling around trying to put together a bunch of FFV patches that would do something similar for FFV that was done for IV and VI.

(and no, I can't program worth a lick, was just trying to assemble things together and see if it worked. So far I applied all the FFV patches from the slickproductions site (except Plus) and the addendum to the original FFV translation. They're working well but I would love to add the mute to it.

Can't program a lick, but I think assembling things and trying to pick up an understanding of everything here is much more helpful for this. Thank you for setting up this site/wiki!

Admittedly, I'm a bit confused over 'Final Fantasy V enhanced' since that link on the datacrystal wiki goes nowhere.

Jorgur

• FF5 R&D Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 04:21:54 AM »
FF5 Enhanced:
http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?topic=1656.0

The Mute patch was uploaded to the FF5 R&D forum some time ago, but attachments have been wiped since. Good thing I have everything backed up.

If you need anything else FF5-related you could try asking in our FF5 forum. Among other things there is an un-berserker patch and a Knife parameter fix by me, which are also currently inaccessible.
There is also a sticky where you can find basic introduction tutorials to the ROM hacking concept.  :wink:

:edit:
I went and fixed almost all missing attachments in the FF5 board.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:34:33 PM by Jorgur »

13375K31C43R

• Magus Sisters
    • View Profile
    • Leet Sketcher's Final Fantasy III Patches
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 11:32:55 AM »
Looks pretty cool...but is there any chance you could make the word "MUTE" just a little bit bigger?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:38:25 AM by 13375K31C43R »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Gildor from The Lord of the Rings

noisecross

• FF5 Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 09:37:50 AM »
Looks pretty cool...but is there any chance you could make the word "MUTE" just a little bit bigger?

Sure. You can do it yourself using the FF5e_Text_Editor.

13375K31C43R

• Magus Sisters
    • View Profile
    • Leet Sketcher's Final Fantasy III Patches
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 12:37:06 PM »
It doesn't seem to work for me. I click Inject and select my PNG and it says "Not valid Mute Spell bitmap."
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Gildor from The Lord of the Rings

Bahamut ZERO

• Phantom Train
  • If ye're takin a beatin, hop in de back row!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 09:06:02 PM »
Can't you just open the bmp in YYCHR?

If the graphics aren't compressed, one should be open FF5 in another instance of YYCHR, then copy and paste the graphics from the instance with the bmp open right over to the instance with FF5 open.
I update my graphics thread on almost a daily basis, so keep an eye out for new stuff!