Author Topic: Some weird...thing  (Read 1497 times)

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
Some weird...thing
« on: April 29, 2013, 12:50:12 AM »
Deathlike, I require your expertise, see this, please. For reference, this was on Chronicles, so it's the original game.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
Re: Some weird...thing
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 01:55:41 PM »
Missed that bit when I was watching the other night. Rubicant counters summon magic with Ice-2 on himself. Why is anyone's guess, but it's a part of his battle sequence. (Try using something fire elemental while his cloak is open, too. Rubi's bad at this whole "fire fiend" thing.)

Grimoire LD

• FF4 Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:28:44 PM »
My thought to this is that when his cloak is closed Ice attacks heal him, so he'll hit himself with Ice attacks regardless of whether the cloak is open or not. Just a lazy AI script more or less.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
Yeah, he used Ice2 on himself to heal when he had his cloak covering. Every other time he didn't. He did that same counter when Edge used Blitz, but in that one instance, Rubicante did so incorrectly.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Deathlike2

• I'm looking at you, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 12:58:00 AM »
The only reason it would matter is kinda two-fold.

Titan would seem like a good idea here... the difference however is the timing of its execution (he takes a while to be summoned). If you really wanted to expose the behavior efficiently, you'd go straight to Chocobo while his cloak is down and have fun. The whole point is the demonstration of the his cloak...

Unfortunately, Bio is cheaper, easier, and much more reliable. Go figure. You would pretty much avoid most of the strangeness.

Sorry for the untimely answer.

You are better off making Edge or Rydia cast a Fire elemental magic for some hilarity after being blown up by his special fire attack.
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack Download Latest: v1.48

Video Demos: #1 #2 #3