Author Topic: The drive has ended  (Read 9068 times)

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
The drive has ended
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »
Wow, a news post? Really? :wtf: Yep, really, and it comes with news even!

Poxnor, of SDA fame, is organizing a Final Fantasy-themed charity marathon, aptly titled Crystals For Life. At the time of this post, the website that will be showing this marathon will re-direct you to the planning thread. If you're lazy, the charity we're raising money for is the Canadian division of Juvenile Diabetes Research. Sounds awesome, right?

Sadly, I'm not 100% certain I have the funds to make the trip to Edmonton to attend. That's where you come in, and I direct your attention to the nav bar on the left. If you're viewing this post from the forum, you'll have to go to the front page to see it. Any donation is accepted, and any donation you make will go towards torturing me by forcing me to play the games I own on my stream, and if you really feel evil, you can do any of the following:

5 dollars gets a game played for an undetermined amount of time (at least an hour, depending on the game maybe longer).
10 dollars gets a special game challenge (Super Metroid RBO, for example, SM low% is excluded from this; see below).
25 dollars gets an FF1 playthrough with the party of your choice.
Other donation challenges gladly accepted!

Stupid/hard challenges:
Megaman X low%: 0/$75
Megaman X2 low%: 0/$125
Megaman X3 low%: 0/$200
Super Metroid low%: 0/$150
Final Fantasy (NES) Solo Thief: 0/$200
Final Fantasy (NES) Solo Black Mage: 0/$200

Awesome contributors:
MetaSigma
Vanya
LLCoolDave
LeviathanMist

If you want your donation to go to something specific, leave it in the chip-in comment or post it in this thread. Names will be removed if necessary/requested. :childish: One last thing, if you have any doubts about where your donation is going, it's specifically and only travel costs. Any surplus goes straight to the charity.

:edit: (Copied from a post I just made)

Well, it was fun. As some of you may know, I am no longer going. I won't get into why, but rest assured that all the money raised is still going to the event. But because of Chipin being overtaken, I'll probably just get Poxnor's paypal email and just do it directly so there's no fee crap.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed! :childish:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:03:42 AM by Lenophis »

119 bugs fixed and counting.

TheNattak

• Garula
  • Mike
    • View Profile
    • Return of the Dark Sorcerer
Re: The drive has started
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:35:38 PM »
"5 dollars gets a game played for an undetermined amount of time"

Is this a game of the donationalists choice, or yours?

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 10:41:56 PM »
Donator's choice, of course. The only restriction is that it must be a game I own.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 09:12:11 AM »
I suppose I could do emulated, but the pot would have to be sweetened, since streaming emulation is blah. Emulator choices are:
Snes9x: :omg: input lag.
Zsnes: :omg: inaccurate.
bsnes: :omg: CPU hog, very bad for streaming.

If I had a flash cart, this wouldn't be an issue, alas... I'm currently mulling my options.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 07:28:53 AM »
Vanya, I received yours but I saw no comment at all. Did you have a game in mind that you wanted me to play? If you left a comment, you probably gave it to paypal, and not chipin.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:39:13 AM by Lenophis »

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:58:34 AM »

Leviathan Mist

• Schizophrenic Madman
  • Game over.
    • View Profile
    • Retro Gaming Central
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 08:37:31 PM »
For my $10, I want you to do a Warriors Orochi 1 Chaos mode run. Any of the four stories will do, but you must at least complete the 8 levels from the main story. Also, no weapon fusion allowed. This means you have to use whatever weapons are dropped and can't fuse them into anything better. You can start off with a dropped 4th weapon obtained through any means (but can't fuse anything into it), and your characters may have their unique item, and whatever skills and levels you want them to have. Sound fair?

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »
Done and done.

Leviathan Mist

• Schizophrenic Madman
  • Game over.
    • View Profile
    • Retro Gaming Central
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 10:36:13 PM »
Done and done.

Well done! I gotta be honest, I thought having crap weapons would have a bigger effect than that. Regardless, you completed the challenge, and can now consider yourself Warrior Orochi master, or something.

I should've counted the number of times you said "ow" in the video, it must have been at least 30.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
Re: The drive has ended
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »
Well, it was fun. As some of you may know, I am no longer going. I won't get into why, but rest assured that all the money raised is still going to the event. But because of Chipin being overtaken, I'll probably just get Poxnor's paypal email and just do it directly so there's no fee crap.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed! :childish: