Author Topic: FF2/4/4A Projectiles  (Read 8176 times)

Pinkpuff

• Flan Princess
  • Find a Megalixir in Unprecedented Crisis!
    • View Profile
Re: FF2/4/4A Projectiles
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 05:45:41 AM »
I find it interesting that Kain's spears are Air-elemental as well. I always thought it was just his Jump attack that was Air but apparently it's his weapons.
Let's dance!

Deathlike2

• I'm looking at you, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 08:52:44 AM »
Kain's Spears have always been "Air" elemental.. only the overpowered Abel's Lance (FF4A ultimate weapon for Kain) is not one of them.. which is a bug to me.

Why do you think Kain has an early edge against the Eagles, Floateyes, and Sandmoths? :tongue:
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack Download Latest: v1.48

Video Demos: #1 #2 #3

Pinkpuff

• Flan Princess
  • Find a Megalixir in Unprecedented Crisis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »
Why do you think Kain has an early edge against the Eagles, Floateyes, and Sandmoths?

I know now it's because spears are Air-elemental. But back in the day, I used to just jump all the time so I thought it was Jump that was an air attack, since that makes sense. Then I discovered that he still did crazy damage to them with normal attacks, meaning it was the weapon, not the Jump attack, which to me makes no sense. Why would a spear be air-elemental? I mean it makes sense for the "Wind" spear but every spear? Weird.

Anyway, the drain spear isn't Air either I don't think.
Let's dance!

Deathlike2

• I'm looking at you, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 11:30:41 AM »
Why do you think Kain has an early edge against the Eagles, Floateyes, and Sandmoths?

I know now it's because spears are Air-elemental. But back in the day, I used to just jump all the time so I thought it was Jump that was an air attack, since that makes sense. Then I discovered that he still did crazy damage to them with normal attacks, meaning it was the weapon, not the Jump attack, which to me makes no sense. Why would a spear be air-elemental? I mean it makes sense for the "Wind" spear but every spear? Weird.

Hangtime.  :wink:

Go figure, that's the only real way that Kain isn't totally outclassed by Cecil for regular attacks (Jump after all is a delayed 2x attack, then again Yang's Power Attack is superior for different reasons)... then again, the Dragoon (Dragon/Wyvern) Spear is already mindblowingly powerful.

After doing some quick testing, that sounds about right... hmmm
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack Download Latest: v1.48

Video Demos: #1 #2 #3

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 08:11:10 PM »

The element isn't supposed to be air, it's just something that aerial monsters are weak against. My guess is this has something to do with the fact that in "real life" spears are designed so they can be thrown, throwing a spear at a flying target would work a lot better than trying to slash at them with a sword.

You're right, it's not, I didn't bother checking for my quick example.