Bleh, I'll go with the picks, and I'll rant later about each team.
Panthers @ GiantsGiants
- Does anyone have confidence in Matt Moore to QB this team? Factor this is also minus Julius Peppers.
Falcons @ SteelersSteelers
- I don't like the pick that much.. Dennis Dixon is starting for Big Ben (on suspension) and Matt Ryan is in his 3rd year. The Steelers defense will have to make up for the effort.. the Falcons defense is probably just mediocre, so there's a chance of success here.
Browns @ BuccaneersBucs
- This is a near tossup for a near irrelevant game this freaking early in the year. I can't even recall the Browns QB since ditching Brady Quinn... so go figure.
Broncos @ JaguarsBroncos
- I'm not sure which is a better pick.. I think the Broncos will have a good start early. I have no idea how the Jags will be as of yet. Tim Tebow is reportedly going to make an appearance in the game.
Colts @ Texans (division)Colts
- Just pencil it in really. Besides, Leinart signed with the Texans... not that it matters.
Dolphins @ Bills (division)Dolphins
- Is it surprising that the fish have not beaten the Bills (on the road, I think) since 2003. Why?
Lions @ Bears (division)Bears
- The Bears look like they have had an awesome offseason, other than the Jets. However, the question still becomes... is that defense going to be better. Sure their defense has had major setbacks... but ultimate.. is Jay Cutler not going to suck and keep throwing Brett Favre-like INTs? The Bears o-line has been pretty bad for the past couple of years.
Raiders @ TitansTitans
- Raiders have been a lost cause for a while.. and the Titan's season last year was a disaster from the beginning.
Bengals @ PatriotsPats
- It will be an interesting game... I have strong concerns over the young defense plus a weak pass rush. At least it will be entertaining, with the TO and Ochocinco show... however Carson Palmer has not been the same since the injury.
Cardinals @ Rams (division)Cards
- I don't like this pick... Cards have a QB situation and the Rams have a rookie QB that's playing... it's really hard to decide.
49'ers @ Seahawks (division)Seahawks
- This is a tough pick. It's Pete Carroll who hasn't really had great success as a NFL head coach and the 49ers have a volatile QB situation... so, go figure.
Packers @ EaglesPackers
- The Kevin Kolb era might really start with a bump. I'm sure Andy Reid will coach it to be competitive.
Cowboys @ RedskinsCowboys
- The Cowboys are usually fast starters... but this may be a game with McNabb at QB. The question then becomes, why is Haynesworth part of the Redskins scout team? I'm not sure the Redskins defense is good enough.... I do think the Redskins have a legit shot of being in the playoffs... and on the flip side, the Cowboys are the most likely team that will be disappointed in not making the Super Bowl (next to the J E T S).
Ravens @ Jets (Monday)Ravens
- I have more faith in the Ravens as a team than the Jets. The "Sanchise" is the biggest scary wildcard and not in a good way. He's not "the guy" in terms of commanding his teammates, and Hard Knocks have revealed quite a bit. The reality is that the Jets talk a big game, but are setting themselves up to get their asses kicked especially if things go sour.
Chargers @ Chiefs (division, Monday)Chiefs
- This game has the greatest potential for an upset. The Chargers are usually a second half team, and the Chiefs have significantly upgraded their coaching staff... with Romeo Crenell on defense and Charlie Weis on offense. The AFC West may be a little more interesting... maybe.