Author Topic: Pandora's Box sees the light of day once again  (Read 28468 times)

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
Re: Pandora's Box sees the light of day once again
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 08:35:20 PM »
Equipping the Spider's Silk only seems to cause perma slow on the wearer. I haven't seen anything beyond that.
It also teaches slow.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Deathlike2

• FF4 R&D Master
  • I'm looking at you, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 09:33:30 PM »
Equipping the Spider's Silk only seems to cause perma slow on the wearer. I haven't seen anything beyond that.
It also teaches slow.

Did you bundle with some form of Hermes Shoes to counteract that? I forget if JCE's hack did that nicely...
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack Download Latest: v1.48

Video Demos: #1 #2 #3

Cyrus Knight

• Wing Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 06:49:12 PM »
I found that out the other night when I was looking at the item in the Relic menu. I'm like no way does this only cause slow on your character. I go into the item menu and take a peek at the extra info and sure enough it teaches you Slow. I assume the Vampire Fang does the same thing but with Drain. Nice oddities heh.

So I saved past the magitech facility before I get thrown into that cart and race for my life, and I'm already getting frustrated again (I know wah right?) anyway the enemies seem to have skills that are now hitting consistently for 300 damage and the enemies are coming in large groups as well. Since most of your spells and abilities are single target this is becoming a rather huge nuisance. My poor locke with 280 HP is getting One shot and it doesn't take long for Sabin or Cyan to follow suit. I'll just have to put everyone in the backrow for now i guess and keep trying but I do feel the monster numbers are too high for so little skills that can multi-hit then again it's my fault for not bringing Edgar (lol).

The monster also that replaced the No ??? (I forget the number of him) was also interesting but I felt a bit more than simple annoyance. Basically I had to force my players to standby and let Celes runic everything I could until its MP fell out so I could actually attack it. The Damage my characters did (minus Zen which btw seems a little Overpowered in comparison to everyone's abilities at this point) was doing too little and the counter attack was rather brutal. While the battle is certainly workable it's a shame it has to boil down to a waiting game. I can't say the battle was terrible or good cause it at least kept my interest but I can say the battle was very long and loved that Celes had her moment to shine before her own scene. Haven't really gotten through the minecart yet but I'm sure I'll have more to say about it when I finally get through it.

Cheers

Odbarc

• Hell's Rider
  • FF6 obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Newage3.com, a text based web game RPG I Admin.
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2011, 03:24:02 AM »
I'll just have to put everyone in the backrow for now i guess
Why are ANY of them in the front row?

Deathlike2

• FF4 R&D Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »
It's hard to wage war without a complete barrel roll... oh wait.

:edit:
There was a post referencing this pic:

Here's the other one that was not mentioned:

Are the treasures supposed to suck in the 2nd trek in this cave? IIRC, they were better in the first run (Phoenix Down? I cannot recall... it was better than a Potion)

Why does the Abolisher's Beak attack use the Wrench animation? I was expecting a Rod or Brush or some logical animation for that attack.

Also, I swear that Blitz command execution runs on a much longer delay than I remember... regardless of a correct blitz input.

In the uncontrollable Cyan battles, he operates as if he had the Black Belt relic (counterattack after taking a physical hit), but it doesn't appear that he any form of it equipped. Did I miss something here?

Apparently I cannot get "Flawless Victory" if I heal in battle before killing all the monsters (Banon's Health). Also, I can't get it if Interceptor blocks an attack. Mind you, all party members proceed to laugh as usual (since they have not taken any damage).

There's some sort of delay after the battle is won... for the EXP message. I remember the last message (GP) would have a delay before you'd exit out of the battle.

Usage of Steal and taking 0 damage (from the StillGoing monsters) doesn't invoke the flawless victory code.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:16:02 PM by Deathlike2 »

Imzogelmo

• Ogopogo Aficianado
  • Ask me about my other job.
    • View Profile
    • NEPROMR
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2011, 06:00:52 PM »
Just a note about Flawless Victories:

Your character is supposed to laugh if no damage was taken in the battle... getting healed counts as damage, BTW.
You get flawless victories if ALL characters are neither hit nor take damage... and don't run away, of course. So, taking a zero damage will cause you to laugh, but still keep you from a FV. It's possible for everyone to laugh and you still don't get the FV.

That behavior is intentional.
5/31/16 - I have an assembly of the battle portion of C2, relocated to the F0 bank, which has both vanilla and patch code in my dropbox. I'll be updating it with additional patches as I have time. I will *not* be releasing it publicly, but ask me for the link and I'll share.

Deathlike2

• FF4 R&D Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 06:36:18 PM »
Stealing from the enemy does not fall into that category. The dog is less of an issue (the dog taking damage despite it being like invincible is fine by me).

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 06:43:12 PM »
Are the treasures supposed to suck in the 2nd trek in this cave? IIRC, they were better in the first run (Phoenix Down? I cannot recall... it was better than a Potion)
2 Potions and an Ether. The Thunder Rod was axed in favor or something less convenient. :P

Why does the Abolisher's Beak attack use the Wrench animation? I was expecting a Rod or Brush or some logical animation for that attack.
Woah. That's left over from when we were testing something, and forgot to change it back.

Also, I swear that Blitz command execution runs on a much longer delay than I remember... regardless of a correct blitz input.
Finally! Someone noticed! Yes, that is the case, and yes, that is intentional. A lot of commands saw time revamps.

In the uncontrollable Cyan battles, he operates as if he had the Black Belt relic (counterattack after taking a physical hit), but it doesn't appear that he any form of it equipped. Did I miss something here?
Not sure. Noted.

There's some sort of delay after the battle is won... for the EXP message. I remember the last message (GP) would have a delay before you'd exit out of the battle.
Some of the messages are tied to your text speed. I forget which ones.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Deathlike2

• FF4 R&D Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 08:22:24 PM »
2 Potions and an Ether. The Thunder Rod was axed in favor or something less convenient. :P

At least HiPotions would be nice.... not that I'll need them personally.

Finally! Someone noticed! Yes, that is the case, and yes, that is intentional. A lot of commands saw time revamps.

At least decrease the delay a little bit... it's too noticeable and it ends up being stacked at the end of everything like the normal (original) Swordtech session with Cyan.

Speaking of Cyan... it almost feels like he has the most accurate weapons (and I'm not using your equivalent of the Sniper Sight). I've seen the Quadra Slam (#4 Swordtech) be inaccurate in other hacks... I almost thought you would have altered the accuracy as well... go figure.

Some of the messages are tied to your text speed. I forget which ones.

It annoys me for the EXP message and I use the standard speed of 3. I'm used to the GP message....

Major bug: There are three places that you can "talk" to give you the info on how to stop the train via the controls. The top left area, and the bottom left two spots are the locations. When searching/talking to the bottom two, you cannot move out of that area.... you can search the thing again or goto the menu... but that's it.

The Gauntlet effect on the Katanas does not seem to give any extra damage increase/bonus to Bushido-STR based attacks...

Late Edit: They should give a bonus... what's the point of giving it the effect other than to only give a mediocre/subpar boost for regular attacks?

50% over base value for merchants is annoying (especially when you realize attempting to sell the item only is "a third" of the item shop's pricing on crack).

"Strangle" is how I feel about the Red Sahagins... I want to repeat the attack on the evildoer responsible.  :tongue:

Terrible idea: "No description available" in the Rage area. Don't do it for less that interesting monsters... because when I find that their attacks suck ass, it's not worth hiding it. Also, hiding a healing spell rage in the most rare slot... might as well forget it existed (it equates to being irrelevant)! Also, the M-tek special listing is not really that accurate. The Rage makes Gau use that kick attack, but it's listed as "Attack", which doesn't really remotely sound accurate.

Obligatory pictures of fail:

I'm sure you've fixed it, but just a reminder:

It's less emu fail, but more like it's hitting the counter code (good idea to shorten it a tad).

Obvious text fail:

Also, I've reaffirmed that the Steal causes no flawless victory bug. I had it happen again under a different circumstance. If you steal from a monster that has nothing left, Flawless Victory is impossible. A quick test would probably involve stealing from a monster that has limited items to steal...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:28:50 PM by Deathlike2 »

Cyrus Knight

• Wing Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »
A bug i've noticed is that the royal crown is considered a body armor piece might wanna adjust that :P love the new auction btw but i'm still kinda confused on how it really works.

Deathlike2

• FF4 R&D Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 01:09:31 AM »
Is it just me, or is there a line or two missing in the Opera (Draco and the Prince are going to duel or something)?

Looks a bit odd, but "ok":

MAJOR LENOFAIL:

Albrook relic store, first time.

Aw, how thoughtful:

Obligatory side attack shield blocking on the other side:

Must be the best cheap throwing weapon ever!

Nice and affordable... so I bought 21 of em:

So many quotes:

Confused Sp Forces uses "unknown attack" that uses them bubbles:

Opal Necklace has no description... inconsistent with all the other stuff:

Also, I cannot quite explain why the HeavyArmor attacks itself... it seems that is its response to poison damage. Must be some crazy itch...

BTW, I'm slowly plotting against that psuedo-boss monster you added.

I forget if the Blood Sword does it as well, but the Rune Blade uses the sword block animation despite not providing any evasion (like the original weapon did). I'm sure other weapons that you gave evasion to didn't get a block animation, but at the very least remove animations from weapons that don't provide evasion.

Missing attack name for some Vanishing attack:

Missing attack name for the upper middle machine's "blow":

Winning!

The Dark Blade bought @ Vector gets its name changed in the item list somehow. Its name gets changed with L/R scrolling or location... I presume there's some sort of bad/special char involved for making that happen.

Erroneous treasure message:

?????

Blood Spear does not use Drain attribute (unless it's only the attached spell?)
Rentering the Magitek Factory during the escape (and possibly after it) will cause you to stay stuck in the area... permanently.

Strange error:

A similar thing happens to Project128's drain attack name (the a in Sap disappears) but I couldn't get a screenshot of it.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy are we still failing at this?

Auction house description fail:

If this is a Protect Cloak, then I'm a saint!

No description to boot...

If this is a suit...

then I'm a monkey's uncle (a piece of knight's armor is a proper description):

If this is a mana's anklet...

I couldn't tell from the item's name or its missing description...

It's a katana?

The worst part of this is that I could buy this from Albrook... so why even sell it here?

More incomplete stuff:

Thamasa shop location error (I believe you know about this already):

You can still buy stuff at the Weapon and Armor shops (not the Relic shop fortunately)... with the Armor Shop being a total mess (this is first airship run, before the normal Thalmasa event).

Level based spells work opposite (L4 Flare fails to work on L20 players, but works on level 19 or level 21 for instance).
The hidden remedd item in the Cave to the Sealed Gate is still a Golden Needle (message needs to be updated, this includes the gold message).

It glows?!?!

Self explanatory:

Note: Assassin Dagger doesn't randomly kill monsters.

Few leftover stuff...

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 11:45:04 PM by Deathlike2 »