Author Topic: Can somebody explain the Stats page on this software?  (Read 2369 times)

assassin

• Bane of Retards
  • space bears are not gentle!
    • View Profile
    • My Barren Webpage
Can somebody explain the Stats page on this software?
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »
the Stats page under my Profile is confusing me.  "Most Popular Boards By Posts" i understand -- for the most part.  but a couple oddities.  each forum name has a little pie chart next to it, which presumably shows what fraction of my 221 Total posts were made in that forum.  "General Discussion" has 106 of my posts, so the chart is understandably a little bit shy of half full.  however, "Slick News" has a full pie chart, despite only 19 of my posts being there.  what's up with that?  also, the post counts here add to up 227, which is 6 more than my "Total Posts:    221 posts" seen on the lefthand side of the Stats page. :P

"Posting Activity By Time" gives a ton of percentages, which add up to well more than 100%.  does it work by assigning "100%" to whichever time slot you have the most posts in, then geometrically comparing the posts in other time slots to this slot to arrive at their (lower) percentage numbers?  that's my best guess.

"Most Popular Boards By Activity" gives a bunch of percentages, which add up to well less than 100% for me.  a good 65% isn't accounted for; is that time spent on the main page or something?  also, the list says that "Slick News" is by far my most active forum, exceeding the percentages for my next 4 forums combined.  this is nonsense, obviously.   i don't recall falling asleep at the computer with Slick News loaded.

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
Re: Can somebody explain the Stats page on this software?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
Obviously, the pie chart is playing favorites. Only the news gets the pie! :childish: Actually, your post count is accurate. The private boards do not add to the total. We did that intentionally, otherwise I'd have close to 1000 already, and Dragonsbrethren would have close to 2500. Then there's Deathlike who'd overtake everyone with 7000. :wtf:

Sarcasm aside... :cycle:

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Deathlike2

• FF4 R&D Master
  • I'm looking at you, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:33:21 PM »
OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!  :wink:
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack Download Latest: v1.48

Video Demos: #1 #2 #3

assassin

• Bane of Retards
  • space bears are not gentle!
    • View Profile
    • My Barren Webpage
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 01:22:17 PM »
ok, it's somewhat more sensible now.  but there's an issue i just noticed with the timezones.

new user bucky (i'm not singling you out; you're just a good example because you have 2 posts :P) registered Today (5/17/2010) at 12:45:20 PM (in terms of CDT), and his only posts were at 01:08:09 PM CDT and 01:16:08 PM.  yet when i visit his "Show Stats" page, the "Posting Activity By Time" has the only posts in the 6 pm hour.  that's 5 hours ahead of my time, so it must be GMT.

if the Stats pages can't be adjusted to reflect the viewer's timezone, then maybe a note should be added that they're "(in GMT)".

i know i was confused looking at my Posting Activity a few weeks back, thinking, "Aren't I more nocturnal than this?!".
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:10:34 PM by assassin »

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
Aye, yai yai. You'd think with 2.0 there'd be uniformity, or something. I have no idea how the stats pages are drawn, so I don't know where to begin with fixing it.

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Deathlike2

• FF4 R&D Master
  • I'm looking at you, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 12:06:37 AM »
Confusion and chaos is good.  :tongue: :wink:
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack Download Latest: v1.48

Video Demos: #1 #2 #3