Author Topic: Gaming Progress Thread  (Read 70393 times)

Poco Loco

• Cagnazzo
    • View Profile
    • FF6hacking.com
Re: Gaming Progress Thread
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2010, 04:54:25 PM »
ah my boy made this, I helped him with a handful of characters

he was telling me that everytime he edited the maps heavily it would crash @ some point in the game
"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »
Use the better map editor, not FF3Ed. :tongue: Since that topic has been pruned at RHDN...yay. I believe that's the newest version (which is still fairly old). Given that the other version is 721 on the list, I'm gonna say that's the newer one. :tongue:

119 bugs fixed and counting.

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »
Why don't you add that version to RHDN? (I'd do it myself, but I can't get to the site right now.)

Shinrin

• Siren
  • Terra is sexy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
Just to let you guys know, there has been some editing to maps. He took out the secret passage in South Figaro that you can do to cross over the water.
I  support Pandora's Box!

Check out my hacks on Romhacking.net and also support my Chrono Trigger hack, Chrono Trigger: Rebirth!

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2010, 09:17:53 PM »
Why don't you add that version to RHDN? (I'd do it myself, but I can't get to the site right now.)
Done. d3tl4's name wasn't in the author list, so I added the entry with his name first, and then whenever it gets approved gian's name will get edited in. Yay.

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2010, 03:24:19 PM »
Been playing Modern Warfail 2, since it's free for this weekend on Steam. Why would anyone pay $60 for this? Completely...generic. I mean it can be fun, but it's definitely not $60 fun. $60 for something that's identical in terms of gameplay to every other modern FPS? Only reason I checked it out is because one of my friends acts like this is the greatest FPS series ever. I don't get it.

Will continue to play it until the free time runs out, only because of what a huge pain it was to download. Preloaded Thursday night, 4GB, only to be told there's a 7GB "update" the next day, which kept suspending itself every few seconds so it took all day to download.

vivify93

• Liquid Flame
  • White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2010, 06:29:07 AM »
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Beaten a while ago. I got all the way up to level 99, clocked in at my final save at 45:57. I immediately did New Game + afterwords--I was pretty obsessed with Chrono Trigger at the time I played it. That save had much less time on it (19:01).

Breath of Fire (GBA)
I'm saved in Prima. I think I need to go save Ox's clansmen, or maybe just the women.

Dragon Quest VI (SFC)
Saved at Reidock. I believe this is the point of the game where you climb the tower to become a soldier.

Dragon Warrior IV (NES)
Game beaten without any cheat codes. Yes, I used the AI, and you know what? It was better than playing without it! :whoa: The this game's AI is really something. My final levels were fourty-ish. The only thing I'd do to improve on the AI is have the person in the first slot be controlled rather than just the hero. Speaking of the hero, I used a female hero just to mess up the Heaven series' canon. :tongue:

EarthBound (SNES)
I'm using Tzepish's "EarthBound Tweak" hack for a playthrough of this. I've come across one or two textual bugs so far, but most of it's a vast improvement. I've just beaten Frank and Frankystein Mark II, so next up would be Giant's Step.

Final Fantasy III (FC)
At the beginning still. I never cheated, and now I don't think I will. I've just realized I think this game's boring BECAUSE I cheat. Heh.

Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
This one was beaten too. I love how Porom can equip the Assassin's Dagger, even though it's clearly an oversight; probably one of my favorite ones in all of Final Fantasy. :happy: My levels were 70-80.

Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
Finally beaten. My team's levels were 50. Everyone learned every spell. I cheated, of course, but I'm finally done with this game! Huzzah! Kaiser Dragon and Omega Weapon were...disappointing, much like the rest of the bonus content. I think the port would've been more successful if the new weapons and the Dragon's Den didn't exist. :tongue:

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom (SNES)
Beaten. I'm in a Lufia craze again. Haha. It's been said that playing this game...is sort of like being in an abusive relationship. I must agree; it'd be much better if there was more plot. Anyway, I ended with a zero inn stay count, zero deaths, all treasure chests found, all but one got item, and only one escape. Hopefully I do better in Lufia: The Legend Returns!

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES)
Doing a sort of leisure play this time. I say "sort of" because I'm still technically testing the game for Artemis. What's going on now is I'm giving suggestions to perfect the dialogue. I'm currently saved in Dankirk. Stupid Ruby Angel, stupid greedy queen... :bah:

Mother 3 (GBA)
Currently chasing after Duster and Kumatora in chapter seven. I think I'll go for Duster first, just to make the game a little different.

Star Ocean (SFC)
In front of Parj Temple. I just got Joshua. I don't think I'll keep him.

Tales of Phantasia (PS1)
I've been following Neo_Zeromus_X's guide for this. I'm currently outside Lone Valley, about to get Sylph. Though this game isn't very revolutionary by today's standards, and the characters are dry and bland, I still love them just the same. ♥

Wild ARMs (PS1)
I beat this game a while ago. Quite a while ago, in fact. I really enjoyed playing it, though the spelling mistakes were a bit grating after such excellent grammar throughout the script. I'm not sure if I'd replay it again, though.
Hacking is hard. :sad:

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »
Just finished playing through Offshore, a ridiculously long Half-Life 2 mod. I think it may have actually been longer than the original game! It was pretty boring at times and the difficulty was all over the place, but overall I think it's the best HL2 mod I've played. No real story to speak of (it's supposed to take place in the middle of HL2's story, like Lost Coast), which may be a good thing given the dreadful voice acting some of these have... I was a bit annoyed with one part though, I missed the RPG required to take down a helicopter, and just made a run for it. I did this for every helicopter/gunship encounter afterward, until the one I was actually required to kill. I had no way to bring it down, so had to cheat and spawn an RPG with the console. Pretty lame, something like that should've been caught in testing, solution would've been as easy as placing an RPG before every place you're supposed to use it, or make it impossible to miss the first one.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 03:17:17 PM by Dragonsbrethren »

Odbarc

• Hell's Rider
  • FF6 obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Newage3.com, a text based web game RPG I Admin.
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2010, 04:10:30 PM »
D2 - Median XL mod
I found this neato online deal so I can play the mod multiplayer. People love to rush but grinding is so much less tedious. My "everyone dies so easily" problem seems to be less of one with my amazon for whatever reason.

Someone gave me a Sacred (highest tier) unique bow which enables me to have 95% (max) resistances in the hardest difficulty setting. I still manage to die from spells in one shot sometimes.
I have a few other characters I played each though normal to get a feel for what I like best. The frames per second nose dive, crash and DIE quite easily with this mod and multiplayer. Frequently will I get minutes worth of no frames followed by immense pointless speed to catch up which is very annoying.
A fun moment was when I had an XP shrine, an XP potion a few XP+ modifiers and it lagged during a cow run. I died before I could see what happened (fps lag hell) but I did managed to wake up with 16 level ups.

Shinrin

• Siren
  • Terra is sexy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2010, 12:34:34 PM »
Final Fantasy XII

Beaten. I beat the game saturday just before some storms rolled though. You can watch the whole run on youtube! check out the movie topic under this one! 379 videos.
I  support Pandora's Box!

Check out my hacks on Romhacking.net and also support my Chrono Trigger hack, Chrono Trigger: Rebirth!

Odbarc

• Hell's Rider
  • FF6 obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Newage3.com, a text based web game RPG I Admin.
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »
D2 - Median XL mod
Completed a set with my amazon! I'm wickedly fast now like you wouldn't believe. I still die doing charm-quests but I've gotten a few of the easy ones and lucked into getting a 1/6 chance charm in one try.
I feel like grinding for and melting sets (they become 1 stat each).
I finally got a merc whom likes to die and not be able to kill anything. He's using three sacred items so he shouldn't be such a slouch. On the plus side earning 100k between TP trips and having a 50k revival fee means I'm making profit regardless of his deaths. Since he's affordable now, I plan on keeping him around as a nice gets-killed-so-I-don't guy.
I may need to respec all my stuff. I notice I'm using a skill or two almost never and there's better stuff I could be earning.

I may be able to solo cows on Destruction difficulty.
Anyone else play Median?

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2010, 03:02:45 PM »
Quote from: shawn at ZMD
Check it out and also check out the screen shots and BTW this mod was just voted MOD of the Year #6 out of 10,000 MODs in all catagories and once you play it you will know why and never ever want to play regular Diablo 2 expansion again even with a patch though this is technically a patch though it is a patch over a 100 MB in size and worth every minute it took to download it.
No, I have not played it.

vivify93

• Liquid Flame
  • White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Yes, you read that right. I've now got myself my very own PS2! I bought FFXII for sixteen dollars at a GameCrazy that's going out of business. I'm not too far, Vaan's just chasing after the rogue tomato. I...don't entirely like Vaan's voice. It just further fortifies his male prostitute look.

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES)
I finished testing again for Artemis, and now I'm waiting for the next (and hopefully final) update to "Frue Lufia." I never beat the Ancient Cave or finished the Dragon Egg quest...

Star Ocean (SFC)
Restarted for the umpteenth time, and I know what you're thinking: I'm trying too hard to like this game, but that's not true. I'm trying too hard to keep perfect track of my characters' Talents and Specialties. Now I know what Talents are good for the beginning of the game, and who should must-have what, as well as an ability list if I ever get lost in training them.

Anyhow, I'm in Astral Cave right now. I picked up Cius, and I'm wondering if I should also bring along Marvel.
Hacking is hard. :sad:

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2010, 04:55:53 AM »
I decided to record a run of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to see how rusty I am. The run lasted all of 5:16, so that should give you an indication of how much I suck at it. However, before it switched to Alucard, things looked...funky. Observe:

Richter is completely transparent, except for his sprite outline, Drac's health meter is mostly missing, and though it wasn't seen, Maria's palette was completely messed up.

Pretty sure my PS is dying. :( At least the PS2 rides strong!

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2010, 04:21:04 AM »
My reign of bloopers continues! I was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in DKC2, did my first ever real speed attempt at an any% for Super Metroid...only to get a time of 1:00. :isuck:

I've also put together an impressive collection of SotN bloopers (with one of the big ones in the previous post) and a nice collection of Ninja Gaiden bloopers. All in all, it all ends badly.

I'm still contemplating another game to run, but I may do more Ninja Gaiden or SotN, dunno for certain. :hmm: