Author Topic: Gaming Progress Thread  (Read 71730 times)

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
Gaming Progress Thread
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »
Romancing SaGa (PS2)

54:xx I just completely the marathon item exchange.  Go find this and I'll give you this series of quests.  Now I'm just fooling around trying to learn all my techs and build my money up.  I am close to being finished with Hawke's game, when I finish I will probably put it down and start a new game from another console.  Or maybe I'll do FFXII again?

Odbarc

• Hell's Rider
  • FF6 obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Newage3.com, a text based web game RPG I Admin.
Gaming Progress Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:24:48 PM »
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Rented it 2 days ago, only had time to play it for like a few hours.
First character sucked (Shadow Warrior) so I made a new one. Regular melee attacks like to miss on the first attempt so you end up wasting 33~50% of your efforts (depending on 1 or 2 hit kills). Pretty irritating so I went with a Dryad for range. She aims! Much better. Plus I got her a multi-arrow which is pretty keen. I'm not sure what's different in the Light/Shadow paths yet. Quests are "Go here, kill that/them" simplicity. Exp/gold rewards are usually fair enough for the effort of traveling out of your way to do them.

:edit:
Did some online. People speaking non-English was awesome. People quickly leaving their own games. The one party I was in was pretty awesome but I was the lowest level so I struggled a bit. And the lag would keep me locked in attack mode and unable to move unless I used this one spell (which without, I'd probably get stuck and frustrated to often.)
Found a set piece. Nothing to go with it yet so it's not so great.

Had to return my Sacred 2 rental. I managed to get a unique mount which gave me the mount speed up but allowed me to also use my regular (non-horse) skills. It was that raptor lizard you saw Obi Wan Kenobi use in Starwars 2. I also completed a bunch of worthless quests (100 exp reward when I can get 200+ per kill else where) to get these annoying quest NPCs from following me.
Found a different set piece and something to go with it. I need one more piece in the set to get a shitty bonus, but 2 more after that would have given me something worth while.
Killed what I suppose could be a boss. Some giant made of stone.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:51:34 PM by Odbarc »

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
Re: Gaming Progress Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 01:10:08 AM »
Holy missing topic Batman! 

Anyway, 62:xx on RS and I've completed a few more quests.  Leveling up one's weapons is tedious. 

Untold Legends (PSP)

Started this game and so far it looks to be a ripoff of Dungeon Siege, just without the cool visuals, music, gameplay or UI. 

I.S.T.

• i doesnt no how 2 blits
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:36:02 AM »
Yeah, the entire Untold Legends series is full of fail.

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:04:03 AM »
Final Fantasy IV - The After Years (Wii)

I usually don't do this, but since the game just came out, I'm going to spoiler tag my entire progress updates for it.

[spoiler]Finished the main game yesterday and started on Rydia's tale. I'm about halfway through the sealed cave right now.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Just killed the demon wall. I thought Rydia's "I kind of expected this" line was amusing. The wall wasn't too bad, they weakened it so it was actually manageable with such a weak party, my biggest issue was having Rydia and Brina get petrified at the same time. I mostly just had Rydia cast level 2 elemental spells, Luca use her big throw command (since the moon phase made it stronger than her normal attack), Calco use a dancing dagger, and Brina dance to get some healing. No good dances came up the entire battle, so I ended up blowing a few more hi-potions and potions than I wanted. I should have just had Brina use her dancing dagger as well, I made sure to get one for each of them. I should get Rydia one too, I've got enough Kokkol ore for it now. Maybe getting Luca a better weapon would be more worth it though, I'm mostly using Rydia for MT damage or as a healer with the healing rod...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I was predicting the dolls to get controlled at the end of the sealed cave. That didn't quite happen, they got killed instead. Still lost my dancing daggers though, I really should have taken those off since I was already expecting the dolls to leave. Oh well, something to remember the next time I play. Unexpectedly, the tale did continue and I went to the overworld. Of course, the dolls end up coming back to life and attack you there, heh, so I was right afterall. Luckily it's just the two and not the actual Calcabrina fight again. Currently saved in the Agart mine.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:16:34 PM by Dragonsbrethren »

vivify93

• Liquid Flame
  • White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:21:53 PM »
I've had Lufia fever lately. I've been obsessed with the damn games. :eek:

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom (SNES)
Did a "Try Again" playthrough and my characters ended at around level 90 (Lufia was around level 88). :whoa: Overkill, much?

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES)
Did a "Retry" playthrough, which tried my patience. See, everyone joins at a set level, right? Maxim always starts at level 1, Tia at 7, Guy at 11, Selan at 16, Dekar at 20, Lexis at 28, and Artea at 38 (I just remembered that all by heart :isuck:). Not so bad, right? Well yes, on a normal game. If you're a dumbass like I am, you'll actually bother to level up your characters in Lufia II, even on Retry mode. So thus, you'll be level 12 by the time Tia joins, 20 when Guy joins, 30 when Selan joins, 40 when Dekar joins, 55 when Lexis joins, and 70 when Artea joins. :sad:

At the very end when Artea joined, I just said "Screw it" and turned on the "Get so much EXP after battle you go to level 99 in one fight" code. :tongue:

PROTIP: Don't bother to level anyone up in Try Again/Retry mode!

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you--I was testing Artemis's "Frue Lufia" patch--the one that fixes a good chunk of the more apparent bugs and also updates the text. It was a fairly nice playthrough. And we got cultural references back, yay!
Hacking is hard. :sad:

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:54:22 PM »
Final Fantasy IV - The After Years (Wii)

[spoiler]Finished Rydia's tale. That was a  bit disappointing, the clear data doesn't even let you play as "man in black."[/spoiler]

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 08:10:24 PM »
Romancing SaGa (PSX)

63:00  Did some more random fighting to build up techs and tempering metals.  I'll be getting down and dirty and beating this soon.   :laugh:

Its ok, but Dungeon Siege is LIGHTYEARS better in everyway.  I don't dislike UL (Untold Legends), but I don't really like it.  Its in the middle. 

I.S.T.

• i doesnt no how 2 blits
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 09:20:09 AM »
Romancing SaGa (PSX)

63:00  Did some more random fighting to build up techs and tempering metals.  I'll be getting down and dirty and beating this soon.   :laugh:

Its ok, but Dungeon Siege is LIGHTYEARS better in everyway.  I don't dislike UL (Untold Legends), but I don't really like it.  Its in the middle. 

Apparently the PSP sequel and the PS3 sequel are worse than the original... Keep that in mind.

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »
RS PS2

67.22 Just beat the Red Dragon and saved Theodore.  I should be prepped for Saruin now.   :happy:

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (Wii)

[spoiler]I've made no headway in Namingway's challenge dungeon yet, in either file. I was mistaken before, the maps aren't randomized, but the minor treasures are. There are chests containing good equipment and items that stay empty, but minor treasures refill themselves every time you enter. The dungeon is different for the main game and Rydia's tale; Rydia's seems easier but you can escape the main game's with Teleport. I managed to grab the treasures in the first areas of the main game's dungeon, but the monsters on the second floor can kill me way too easily to make any progress there. I think I'm going to have to level grid on the first floor for a while before even seriously attempting the second.

I made a lot more progress in Rydia's dungeon, and managed to get to a save point. Hers is a sort of maze, where you have to select the correct door (all are trap door fights) or wall (demon walls...as common enemies) to proceed. I got pretty far in this one, but my supplies ran out and I had no way of escaping. I'm going to have to start this one from the beginning again, as I'm currently stuck.[/spoiler]

bond697

• FF4 Archivist
  • is NOT a spoony bard!
    • View Profile
    • The FF4 Reference Book
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 03:40:42 PM »
well, i've now got 3 badges in pokemon platinum and 93 pokes in the sinnoh pokedex and have been playing for 7 and a half hours.  it's a surprisingly fun game, although that opinion may be influenced by the fact that i haven't played a pokemon game on a cart since blue.  the wifi stuff really puts it over the top for me.

more importantly, though, i've found an easy way to move save games to and from original carts with the ez flash 5+.  so that makes life easier.  since the games can be sped up to double time in no$gba, and i can play pokemon on my comp there, convert the save to plain vba format (no$gba to vba converter) and add it back to either my flash cart or the original cart.
The FF4 Reference Book - Now with new hosting!

Dragonsbrethren

• Forum Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (Wii)

[spoiler]Well, I'm making progress finally. I got farther in the main game's dungeon, but I'm still just too weak to play through the second area comfortably. I really wish I had someone who could use black magic; I have a few magic using items but those are limited and you can only buy the level 1 items (which are worthless against these enemies). I'm doing really good in Rydia's dungeon though,  she learned Bio at level 32 and it just completely decimates everything in there, doing 1500-2000 damage against everything. I also found out the "save point" you start on is an exit...given the platform, I don't see why they didn't copy the actual teleporter graphics into the sealed cave tileset. This bothered me in FF4a and it bothers me here too. Anyway, the dungeon is a lot easier knowing I can run out and restock any time I want to. The enemies farther in still hit really hard so I may need to do a bit of leveling before proceeding.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Finished up Rydia's dungeon last night. The last room is amusing, you fight "Boss Gobby" and three "Minion Gobby" enemies. They work kind of like the soldier battles, where he orders them to attack. I didn't try seeing what happens if you kill the minions before the boss, but the boss has some nasty counterattacks (level 3 elemental spells, Bio) anytime you hit him. I happened to pick up a bomb summon on my way, so now my summon command is actually getting some use since it outclasses everything else I have damage-wise. The final chest contained...Hermes sandals? I think the last room is a joke, at least I got better equipment throughout the dungeon (still no new weapon for Luca though, I really should have forged her a tomahawk when I had the chance, since she's been stuck with a battle axe this whole time). There are two locked doors in the dungeon that I never found a key for though, so I'll be going back in.

I noticed I got both characters up to level 40, which is the highest level you can get. The last floor of the dungeon is still relatively challenging, it must be designed that way.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Finished the main game's dungeon, just barely though, and got a flan ring as a reward. It has 0 magic defense, and claims to reduce flan damage (I don't recall seeing any flans in the challenge dungeon, making this pretty useless right now). I should probably equip it and see if there is a special feature to it anyway, it would be awesome if it reduced physical damage to 1.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:44:06 PM by Dragonsbrethren »

Lenophis

• Forum Overlord
  • I sad
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 05:04:36 PM »
Megaman VI (NES)

:isuck: at this game. It has been a consistent adventure of game overs so far. Flame Man had me stumped for a bit, then Blizzard Man had me annoyed for a bit, now Plant Man has me crying. :blush:

119 bugs fixed and counting.

JCE3000GT

• Master of FF4
  • Vladof
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 11:28:30 PM »
Megaman VI (NES)

:isuck: at this game. It has been a consistent adventure of game overs so far. Flame Man had me stumped for a bit, then Blizzard Man had me annoyed for a bit, now Plant Man has me crying. :blush:

FF4 DS

1:xx Got through the first part of the Kaipo caves (I forgot what they are called) with Tella.  So far I'm liking the getting 100% map thing get a reward.  I do not however like the battle mechanics--its too much like FF3 DS and I didn't like that game much.  The music is good as is the cutscenes.  I also like some of the newly added stuff--but I've obviously not see everything.